The Spanish organization ANAR Foundation (Aid to Children and Adolescents at Risk) just started a new street poster campaign that uses the process of lenticular printing to secretly send a message to abused children without alerting their abusers, even if they’re walking together.The ad agency, Grey Spain, explains the process:
ANAR Foundation manages in Spain the european unique phone number 116 111, to attend children and teenagers under a risk situation. On this telephone number, only for minors, they can find the help they need in a totally anonymous and confidential way.
But, how can we get our message to a child abuse victim, even when they are accompanied by their aggressor?
Knowing the average height for adults and children under 10, GREY has created two different messages. Using an outdoor lenticular we show adults an awareness message, while children see a message where we offer them our help and show them the telephone number. A message only for children.
It is a revolutionary and creative idea, for sure.
But really: How many abused children is this going to actually help?
How many who see the ad will call the number?
How many abused children who see the message will get scared out of their wits?
And, how many monster abusive parents will also see the secret message?
How many of these posters have been put up in Spain? One?
I’ve emailed the ad agency.
This will clean up at the ad awards shows, for sure.
I just hope to god it actually does some good, and doesn’t provoke any abusers.
NOTE: This Irish commercial is still far and away the most powerful child abuse awareness ad ever produced.
3. Anyone over 4’5” sees this view, with this copy: “Sometimes, child abuse is only visible to the child suffering it.”
4. Anyone shorter sees the beaten child version of the poster, with this copy: “If somebody hurts you, phone us and we’ll help you.”
- Ivanka Trump was booed and hissed at when talking about her father's support for women and families at the W20 Summit in Berlin.
- Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn didn't properly discloser payments he received from Russia to the US government.
- Some Republicans are seeing the effects of climate change in areas they represent and want the party to rethink the issue.
- There's a good chance that you've handed over your personal information if you've ever downloaded a free app 🕵