This very real-looking, fake commercial is the final thesis of students from the Film Academy in Ludwigsburg, Germany. Braunau am Inn is the Austrian town where Adolf Hitler was born and grew up.
From the students notes on the commercial:
“The Collision-Prevent-Assist-System of Mercedes does well. What if it would have been developed ages ago? What if it would be a lot better (than) we expected? What would (it) be if it had a soul?”
The video — between YouTube and Vimeo — has nearly one million views in less than three days. Mercedes knows of the spot and called it “inappropriate.” But they also haven’t forced the students to take down the video.
I’m sure they’re torn, since it does sell their proprietary Collision Prevention Assist technology rather memorably.
Creative Note: The buzzard was overkill.
3. Note that little dead Adolf is in the shape of a swastika.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏