This very real-looking, fake commercial is the final thesis of students from the Film Academy in Ludwigsburg, Germany. Braunau am Inn is the Austrian town where Adolf Hitler was born and grew up.
From the students notes on the commercial:
“The Collision-Prevent-Assist-System of Mercedes does well. What if it would have been developed ages ago? What if it would be a lot better (than) we expected? What would (it) be if it had a soul?”
The video — between YouTube and Vimeo — has nearly one million views in less than three days. Mercedes knows of the spot and called it “inappropriate.” But they also haven’t forced the students to take down the video.
I’m sure they’re torn, since it does sell their proprietary Collision Prevention Assist technology rather memorably.
Creative Note: The buzzard was overkill.
3. Note that little dead Adolf is in the shape of a swastika.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.