Researcher and artist Nickolay Lamm, working with Dr. Alan Kwan, who holds a Ph.D. in computational genomics from Washington University, has imagined what our faces might look like in the distant future.
According to Dr. Kwan, the changes might include:
• a larger head to accommodate a larger brain
• larger nostrils for easier breathing in off-planet environments
• denser hair to contain heat loss from a larger head
• eyes getting larger, as attempts to colonize Earth’s solar system and beyond see people living in dimmer environments farther away from a sun
• skin becoming more pigmented to lessen the damage from harmful UV radiation
Go to Forbes to see what our faces will look in 20,000 and 60,000 years.
3. The test faces.
- #Brexit fallout: Markets around the world fell again Monday, and analysts expect the U.K. to enter a "mild recession" by early 2017.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that abortion provider restrictions in Texas are unconstitutional.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸