Researcher and artist Nickolay Lamm, working with Dr. Alan Kwan, who holds a Ph.D. in computational genomics from Washington University, has imagined what our faces might look like in the distant future.
According to Dr. Kwan, the changes might include:
• a larger head to accommodate a larger brain
• larger nostrils for easier breathing in off-planet environments
• denser hair to contain heat loss from a larger head
• eyes getting larger, as attempts to colonize Earth’s solar system and beyond see people living in dimmer environments farther away from a sun
• skin becoming more pigmented to lessen the damage from harmful UV radiation
Go to Forbes to see what our faces will look in 20,000 and 60,000 years.
3. The test faces.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.