6. And now, the words of Bill Bernbach, founding creative director of legendary Mannattan ad agency, Doyle Dane Bernbach.
8. The crux of the creative ad process.
9. Golden ideas turn to shit in the hands of hacks.
11. Bernbach simplified an industry muddled with buzzword gobbledygook.
13. He distrusted research and never let it dictate creative work.
16. This is my favorite Bernbach quote. I’ve used it with many a client as they were jamming 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag, art direction-wise.
17. The campaign that launched Volkswagen in the USA, by DDB.
This was during the BIG car era of the late 1950s.
Thinking “small” was unheard of.
More so, calling your own a product a “lemon.”
The fact that Bernbach convinced VW that this was the way to go is one of the greatest success stories in the history of business.
- DNC Day 1 is done: Bernie Sanders said Hillary Clinton "must become the next president," and Michelle Obama brought down the house 🏠 🇺🇸
- At least 19 people died and 20 others were injured in a knife attack at a facility for the disabled near Tokyo, Japan.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed the first round-the-world solar-powered flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️