1. Looks like she'd rather go hang with a hobo.
Back in the salads days of post World War II American, Kotex took it upon themselves to present young ladies with truly perplexing multiple choice dating advice ads.
I've collected as many of them as I could find — all via the wonderful craptoy Flickr page, a page that contains 22 sets of over 5,000 unique vintage images, including well over 1,000 adverts.
Anyway, these ads ran in such titles as McCall's, Ladies Home Journal, and Good Housekeeping.
They seemed — at least to this man's untrained not female, not-1950s eyes — to solve absolutely nothing.
Modern Women — maybe you can figure them out.
2. ME?!? The carnival character, definitely.
3. He ain't reaching for his wallet.
4. Nice alliteration by the copywriter.
5. Ooh, she's looking to steal your guy. An earbob is an earring, btw.
6. It's TWIRP season, gents!
7. A vacuum cleaner?!? Eh...
8. Man: A COKE? Shit, she's OTR....
9. Well, I spot one "Eager Beaver" of the three.
10. Fuck you Mom, I'm gonna bang!
All ads via craptoy on Flickr.