1. “Crossing the Yellow River while sitting in a peanut” (1958)
2. “Production of grains was like rockets shooting into the sky.” (1958)
I think this really means aliens stole their grain.
3. “The future of the rural village.” (1958)
“Future” being the key word.
4. “The melons are sweet, grain and rice are fragrant, everybody tries the flavor.” (1958)
5. “The hogs of the commune must be raised to be fat and big.” (Year unknown)
6. “More pigs, more fertilizer, higher grain production.” (1959)
7. “The commune is like a gigantic dragon, production is visibly awe-inspiring.” (1959)
This is my favorite of the bunch.
8. “The commune’s canteen is powerful, the dishes are deliciously made. You eat like you wish. Production ambitions are rising.” (1959)
9. “The vegetables are green, the cucumbers plump, the yield is abundant.” (1959)
10. “When the dining hall is well-run, the production spirit will increase.” (1959)
11. “Ride the wind and cleave the waves to realise a Leap Forward in all fields.” (1960)
That is some finely-crafted PR bullshit.
12. “Develop industrial and agricultural production, realize the simultaneous development of industry and agriculture—People’s communes are good.” (1960)
13. “Speed up the mechanization of agriculture—People’s communes are good.” (1960)
14. “The communes are big, the people numerous, the natural resources abundant. It is easy to develop a diversified economy.” (1960)
Well, the people were numerous anyway.
15. “The people’s commune is good, happiness will last for ten thousand years.” (1960)
- At least 38 people are dead and more than 160 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.