1. This childishly provocative Tom Ford eyewear ad from 2008 was banned in Italy.
2. Another Inartful (not a word, SHOULD BE) Tom Ford ad, this one from 2007, was banned everywhere. Shot by the inartful deviant Terry Richardson.
3. Hilarious classic Levi's commercial was banned in the UK.
In 2010, this British ad for streetwear brand FLY53 featuring a be-tatted fellow about to blow the head off another guy was banned by the Advertising Standards Authority after receiving one (1) complaint. How much you wanna bet the complainant was a FLY53 employee?
A spokesperson for the brand defended the ad's visual as "cartoon-like."
5. To the suprise of no one, this execution of the 2012 Benetton "Unhate" campaign was banned in Italy.
6. Banned 2005 "Last Supper" Marithé & François Girbaud ad. Banned in France.
7. Marc Jacob's Lola perfume
In 2011, the UK's ASA banned the ad featuring Dakota Fanning after it received four complaints that it "sexualised children." The ASA said that the way the perfume bottle rested in Fanning's lap was "sexually provocative" and considered that the actress actually looked to be under the age of 16.
8. Roger David (men's clothing brand)
IN 2011, the Australian ASA banned the ad because it "inappropriately depicted a young girl in a sexualised manner." The UPC code on her shoulder reads 'SLAVE."
Roger David explains the "concept" of the ad:
"The image of the woman (is) a comment on youth and the national debt that now rests on their shoulders and as an ironic patriotic comment on capitalist recruitment and identity. The relevant audience for this advertisement is young men (I) believe that young men would relate to this image, and would not see it as shocking or exploitative."
10. Diesel's hilariously stupid 2010 ad for its sneakers.
11. Two ads from Diesel's 2010 "Be Stupid" campaign that were banned in the UK because "they could be seen by children and might encourage bad behaviour."
12. Miu Miu
Image from a 2011 Miu Miu ad featuring Hailee Steinfeld (wonderful in True Grit) sitting on railroad tracks waiting to—obviously—commit suicide. At least, that's what the UK's ASA ruled, and subsequently banned the ad.
13. Just 2 of several old Sisley ads (shot by Richardson) that were banned in various countries.
14. In 2010, men's suit maker Suit Supply had their entire campaign banned from Facebook. To see the NSFW images, click the link below these shots.
15. 10-year-old French Connection ad banned in the UK, officially, for its "violent and sexual nature." But really, for DAT KISS.
NOT INCLUDED HERE...
...about 10,000 American Apparel ads. You can search and find those on your own.
To see more banned fashion ads, including the 1990s CK ads that sexualized children, go to this link on Hunger TV.