1. Gold Lion winner from 2005 for Vim household cleaner, via Toronto. I rarely say this, but: I truly wish I had done this ad.
2. Gold Lion winner from 2009, quite simply the most interesting condom commercial ever produced, via Japan, for Sagami .002, the world’s thinnest condom.
3. Spot for Stella Artois won a Gold Lion in 2001. Simply brilliant. Classic TV ad.
4. Inspired insanity via Argentina for Rexona (known as Degree in the U.S.) deodorant. Silver Lion winner from 2011.
5. The best ever seatbelt safety commercial was ROBBED and only won a Bronze Lion in 2010. Via England.
6. 1993 Gold Lion winning spot for Braathens Norwegian Airlines. Heh.
7. British Guinness commercial from 1999, won Gold. Bizarre and mesmerizing.
8. Canal+ ad won a very deserved Gold Lion in 2010. One of the most entertaining commercials ever produced.
9. Sexy, funny Levi’s ad won a Silver Lion way back in 1992.
10. 2003 Belgian commercial for Zazoo condoms won a Silver Lion. Conservative America, unsurprisingly, rejected the ad.
…to the advertising page of The Guardian for reminding me of a couple of these gems. The page is great daily read on the industry.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- An anti-establishment wave has prompted Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to resign after losing a constitutional referendum.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏