3. Heinz (read the copy)
1949 ad for Heinz soups, back when men had only two worries: Communism and Dinner.
“Well he’s bored with my conversation and cooking.
But if I cook better, he might again start to notice how fucking boring I am.
And the beatings might return.
Oh, shoot — OK, Heinz, I’ll give a try!”
8. Serax (a big anxiety drug in the 1960s)
(sorry for blurry copy, only one I could find)
Copy starts: “You know this woman. She’s anxious, irritable. She’s been that way for months.”
Could it be, because she does all the fucking housework?
Well, she ain’t gonna get free of that.
Here, babe, pop a couple of these every few hours.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱