Ready. Set. SUMMMEERRRR!!!!
1. June 6 is National Yo-Yo Day, a great excuse to learn how to use one!
2. Strap on your backpack and head outdoors for a hike! June 7 is National Trails Day.
3. Don't forget to call your Dad — June 15 is Father's Day!
4. Get together with friends to make crowns of flowers for Midsummer on June 21.
5. Or take a step further and dress up for Golowan, a traditional Cornish Midsummer celebration
Like Midsommar, Golowan celebrations involve bonfires and wreaths of flowers, but mixed with scary skull disguises and children dressed as pirates. Fun!
6. Celebrate all that is French with some wine and good cheese on Bastille Day, July 14.
7. Find out if the truth is out there at the Roswell UFO Festival happening July 3-6.
8. Close your eyes and kiss the sky at the Stoweflake Hot Air Ballon Festival in Vermont July 11-13.
9. July is Hot Dog Month — indulge in some frank and buns!
10. Look up and enjoy the summer sky — the Perseids will be the most visible from August 9-13 this year!
11. July 24 is proven to be the hottest day of the year in most places, time to head to the water park!
12. For more thrills, head to the Mid-Atlantic Hermit Crab Challenge where the competition is fierce.
13. Sunday, July 20 is National Ice Cream Day and a great excuse to try an exciting new flavor.
Le Mars, Iowa is the country's ice cream capital — perhaps this day calls for a road trip!