1. Nomad World Pub in Milwaukee decided that a good way to attract soccer fans to watch the World Cup was to build a colorful replica of a favela from Rio de Janeiro.
2. This is a real Favela in Rio de Janeiro, in which people live in extreme poverty with lack of services and urbanization.
4. The “Nomad Favela” is located in adjacent parking lot and has a surfboard bar, a Belair Cantina taco shack, and an outdoor space with six large television where the games will be shown.
6. As if all of this was not rude enough, they’ve also been misspelling ‘favela’ in both their Facebook and Twitter updates:
9. Not cool Nomad Pub, not cool.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May is triggering Brexit today. Britain is set to leave the European Union in 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.