Here’s Uruguay, right next to Argentina and Brazil.
Home to 3.3 million awesome Uruguayans.
1. They have the BEST President ever.
This is Jose Mujica, better known as Pepe.
He’s considered the ‘poorest President’ because he donates 90 percent of his salary to those in need.
He even drives his own car, an old light blue Volkswagen Beetle.
His speeches are always pure perfection.
“To live you need freedom, and to have freedom you need time.”
4. Same sex marriage is legal - and celebrated.
5. So is marijuana.
6. It is one of the VERY few countries in Latin America where abortion is legal.
7. The opposition to the abortion law wanted a referendum but less than 10% of the population supported it so the law was maintainted.
9. But there’s more to see than just sand… Uruguay is one of the leading meat producers in the world, as that is its main industry.
13. There’s a little town called Cabo Polonio where there’s no electricity ON PURPOSE. Perfect place to get over your Instagram addiction, huh?
15. Their music will get you out of any chair.
Hit play and test yourself.
17. They not only hosted the first World Cup but also won it. And they’re hoping to win again next year.
They have so much confidence they’ll win that when they qualified they made fun of Brazil.
Because why not?
19. Uruguayan men are a very well kept secret. Just look at Forlan’s abs…
20. And so are Uruguayan women, like Natalia Oreiro.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘