1. Jose Alberto Mujica - best known as Pepe - has been the Uruguayan president since 2010. In the 60s he was part of the guerrilla and served 14 years in military prison.
3. He has been described as “the world’s ‘poorest’ president” for donating most of his salary to charities. In a video interview Steven Tyler praised him for this and questioned how much better the world would be if we could trade all guns for guitars.
7. Mujica admitted having no idea who the band was and has never heard any of their songs. Still, he was very enthusiastic holding the guitar, which he said will be raffled to raise money to build homes.
9. Tyler told the press he believes Mujica is the best president in the Americas. “Your president fights for freedom, and we also fight for freedom through music.”
11. Mujica wins again in life.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.