14. You’ve just gotten home from yet ANOTHER bad first date.
13. You realize you can't keep doing this to yourself.
12. So you come up with a brilliant idea! You’re going to swear off dating.
11. You’ve been dating for what seems like forever, and you’re excited to embark on this new phase of your life.
10. First up, let's take down all those online dating profiles.
9. Now it’s time to get rid of all those crushes you follow on Facebook. You know, the ones you’re only friends with because you hope they’ll see how witty and quirky you are through your fun status updates and eventually ask you to hang out?
8. Have some crushes at work? Not anymore! Now they’re just Dude 1 and Dude 2 who owe you those finance reports ASAP!
7. When the weekend arrives, you realize you can do whatever you want.
6. When you do see an attractive person somewhere, you realize you don’t even care. You are at the grocery store in your baggy sweats and YOU DON’T CARE.
5. Now that your mind isn’t preoccupied with finding “the one,” you can dedicate more time to doing things you enjoy!
4. Overall, you are finding this whole experience incredibly liberating.
3. Without the constant pressure of worrying what other people think of you, you become reacquainted with… yourself.
2. All this time you’re spending with yourself brings you to the very important realization that you’re pretty fucking amazing.
1. With your newfound awesomeness, you know that when you do decide to start dating again, it’s going to be on your terms, and you’ll know exactly what you’re looking for...
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!