1. Having to perform a “strip search” will finally be a GOOD thing
2. You’ll probably want to ditch that radar detector
“I’ve never seen THAT before in my life!!!”
3. THIS is a “nightstick,” no matter what your date might tell you
4. Avoid the sensitive topic of doughnuts
African American male police officer eating doughnut
5. Your new favorite movie is “The Naked Gun” (if it wasn’t already)
6. Know your Miranda rights. It’s probably a good idea anyway (but who needs the Constitution), but mostly it’d be really embarrassing if you were dating a cop and didn’t even know your own damn rights.
1966: Since 1966 police have to advise a suspect that they have the right to remain silent and the right to counsel during interrogation. The so called ‘Miranda Warning’ after Ernesto Miranda who had a retrial because he was not so advised. (Photo by MPI/Getty Images)
7. Buy a “prisoner” costume. It’ll probably keep things interesting
8. Don’t let them go too far with their “authoritah”
9. Delete and or burn any evidence of that one spring break back in college
MIAMI BEACH- MARCH 14: Megan Jump (L) and Jenna Haring ,on spring break from Ball State University, use a funnel to drink beer March 14, 2007 on South Beach in Miami Beach, Florida. Students from universities and colleges around the country are attending spring break which ranges from the end of February to mid-April. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
10. Make sure he never took any pages out of Paul Blart, Mall Cop’s book
Although they’re not dating, Travis Marks (Michael Ealy, star of Think Like a Man) and Wes Mitchell (Warren Kole) experience all the worst aspects of it. The two are partners in the LAPD, and despite that they’re both star homicide detectives, they hate each other. Taking a different response to the situation, their police chief makes them go to couples’ therapy, in an effort to keep them together as a team.