1. You’re used to crossing the road even when cars are coming because YOU STOP FOR NO ONE.
4. Even if you can’t afford high-fashion prices, window-shopping can be an adventure all on its own.
7. …paintings at the MoMA that everyone else only gets to see in textbooks…
8. …and the newest, hippest art at the galleries in Chelsea.
9. There are so many iconic locations that you basically live inside your favorite TV show.
10. Instead of watching your favorite shows on Netflix, you can actually go see them in person.
11. And braving the crowds of Times Square is worth it just to see that one musical.
12. You’re always a half a block away from an amazing coffee shop.
15. … to ramen (and NOT just the kind that comes from a package).
16. The best part of your day is basically any time you glance out the window.
17. You can go see one of the best baseball teams of all time, any time.
18. If you’re more in the mood for a basketball game, then Barclays Center is THE spot…
19. … and you can hang around in Brooklyn after the game for a local beer.
20. You’re minutes away from some of the most iconic jazz clubs in the country.
21. And with endless affordable music, improv, and open mic spots, there’s almost never an excuse to stay in.
22. Public transportation runs around the clock, and you don’t realize the convenience until you move somewhere else.
23. You’ll never get over going to a party on someone’s rooftop and having the best part be the view.
29. You’ll never find a used bookstore as well-stocked as The Strand.
30. Or a better place to read than the New York Public Library.
32. The Brooklyn Bridge is still breathtaking, even if you’ve lived in the city for years.
33. New Yorkers, contrary to some urban legends, are some of the friendliest people you’re likely to meet.
34. And you know that ultimately New Yorkers have a lot of heart.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩