20 Kitchen Products That Are Straight From The Future
Don't talk to me until you've talked to your voice-activated trash can.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pair of aerating wineglasses to win over even the hardest-to-please drinkers who can always sniff out a gimmick like a sommelier checking for "floral notes."
3. An air purifier to rid your cooking space of lingering odors and update you on the quality of the air via mobile app.
5. A countertop garden to give your kitchen some nice ornamental greenery and a hefty supply of herbs and veggies for your next homemade meal. (Even if you have a terrible track record with keeping plants alive, it'll be pretty hard to mess this one up.)
6. A set of portable straws made of platinum-grade silicone (arguably superior to glass, stainless-steel, or bamboo alternatives) so you can convert your whole family to an eco-friendly lifestyle.
7. An electric egg cooker that'll only require of you two easy steps: crack the egg into the spout (and add toppings if you wish). No pans required.
8. A two-sided cutting board (your new best eco-friendly friend) for the freedom to choose between a juice groove and a clever phone slot.
10. A countertop prep system for the most organized meal-making of your life. I'm opening a Subway franchise as we speak.
12. A temperature-controlled mug with a charging coaster so you can have a leisurely drink of morning coffee instead of racing to finish it in a five-minute window. (It'll keep your drink perfectly hot for 1.5 hours on a single charge.)
13. A stainless-steel spatula you'll either want to use for your morning eggs or...just stare at with heart eyes. Look at that sleek design!
14. An automatic pet-feeder so you can be sure that your pup always gets fed even when you're not physically present to administer it. (You can do it right from your smartphone!)
15. A HyperChiller if you don't have all day to brew your coffee and refrigerate it to desired temps. This machine will have your bev ready to go in 60 seconds.
16. A very beautiful trash can (yes, they're out there!) that'll open its lid when you: a) say "open can" or b) wave your hands in front of its sensor — perfect for those times when you don't have an extra hand to do it yourself.
17. A trusty thermometer, if your least favorite part of cooking is never knowing whether you are about to get very, very sick from eating undercooked meat.
18. A super-thorough mop robot, because cleanup shouldn't be the deterrent that keeps you out of the kitchen — just fire this baby up, sit back, and watch it do its magic.
19. An Alexa-enabled Crock-Pot if you've resisted the craze because you're convinced you'll somehow manage to burn your meal to a crisp by leaving it unattended. Good news: Now you can manage heat settings from your device.
20. A veggie and fruit to-go cup for a perfect "I'm running extremely late this morning" breakfast solution — it even has a built-in colander so you can take care of rinsing in the same cup.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.