22 Kitchen Gadgets That'll Actually Make You Want To Cook In 2019
2019 is the year the chef's hat comes out. You heard it here first.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A mini food processor that will help you achieve perfection with your homemade sauces, hummuses, and even smoothies.
2. A stainless steel fish turner with slots that has me finally feeling confident in my seafood prep abilities. (Not fishing for compliments here.)
4. A multitool that might honestly serve more functions in life than I do?? I need a moment to process.
5. A handy spill stopper so you don't have to worry about leaving the stovetop unattended for a few minutes (I repeat, FEW).
6. A spill-proof digital food scale that will give you the culinary confidence — but unfortunately not the hair — of Guy Fieri.
8. A rapid egg cooker, which prepares six eggs in any manner your heart desires — hard-, medium-, and soft-boiled eggs, two poached eggs, scrambled eggs, you name it.
9. A countertop garden and herbs seed kit so you can always have a fresh supply of basil and mint awaiting your return from work.
10. A literal smoking gun for infusing any food (or alcoholic beverage, for that matter) with a smokey flavor — no heat required.
11. An Instant Pot that [shouts from nearest mountain top] has seven different uses to make your life so much easier.
12. A clip-on colander because you — unlike this handy gadget — shouldn't have to strain yourself to get food on the table.
14. A juicer and zester so dealing with citrus fruits isn't a sticky mess (and you can regain your zest for life).
16. A nonstick and dual-sided omelet maker for producing tasty omelets that, for once, aren't Fail Blog material.
17. An easy-to-use pot that'll allow you to cook rice and steam vegetables at the same time. Also: It can be used to make oatmeal, chili, and soup!
19. A Bluetooth-enabled sous vide precision cooker to make sure your meats are perfectly cooked every time.
20. A vacuum sealing system so you can keep your produce and meats fresh for five times longer. It's also sous vide-safe!
Me getting word that you prepared three home-cooked meals in 2018.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.