27 Investment Purchases You Should Probably Stop Putting Off Already
These things basically pay for themselves.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A sturdy piece of luggage from Away — complete with a durable shell, ejectable battery, combination lock, and hidden laundry bag — that'll be with you for the long haul.
2. A heavy-duty (and very beautiful, FWIW) trash can will open its lid when you: a) say "open can" or b) wave your hands in front of its sensor — perfect for those times when you don't have an extra hand to do it yourself.
3. A uniform set of food storage containers to tidy up your kitchen shelves. Each container's circular center pop-up button creates a vacuum-like seal for the ultimate airtight solution.
6. A paper shredder, so you can be more careful about disposing of your personal information. It's an investment in your security!
7. A multifunctional (and much beloved) Simple Elephant planner to stay on top of your daily obligations.
8. A place to regularly hang your keys, like this wall-mountable rack, because you won't always have a roommate to come to your rescue when you get locked out. An investment in one of these is an investment in less time camped out on the front steps.
10. A countertop garden to give your kitchen some nice ornamental greenery and a hefty supply of herbs and veggies for your next homemade meal. (Even if you have a terrible track record with keeping plants alive, it'll be pretty hard to mess this one up.)
11. A seven-piece gallery wall kit to update the shabby wall adornments that may have passed as "art" in your dorm but are just called "Fight Club posters" now.
12. A vitamin and supplement plan, like Care/of, which sends a personalized pack to your doorstep every month. All that's required of you: finishing a painless quiz about yourself and receive a recommendation list of vitamins, supplements, minerals, herbs, and/or probiotics.
13. A portable Bluetooth speaker from Anker, because your laptop speakers are simply ill-equipped for the dinner parties in your future.
15. A sleek compost bin with an adjustable air vent you can mount on your cabinet door if you prefer to keep it out of sight. Wow — an investment in the future of our planet!
17. An all-natural leather cleaner and conditioner to reverse all the years of wear and tear on your couch, shoes, and bags.
18. An electric scrubber with four heads and an extension arm if you think it's maybe time to address the mess that is your bathroom head on. (This thing will blast the mildew buildup on your tile floor, toilet, tub, and shower walls to smithereens.)
19. An eye-catching desk that'll give you a spot to be productive and creative at that is not your bed. Its clear, tempered glass top will require minimal upkeep and the bent wood shelf isn't just decorative — it'll make for a very handy cubby for things you need at the ready.
21. A rice cooker that'll do the heavy-lifting for you come dinnertime. (Plus, there's oatmeal to consider.)
23. An Instant Pot that just might revolutionize the way you cook — and by that I mean, fewer occasions for cereal dinners. This thing is truly a lazy person's best friend.
24. A mini steamer that'll ensure you never roll up to a meeting looking like a crinkled-up mess, even while traveling.
26. A water flosser that'll thoroughly clean all those hard-to-get nooks and crannies in your mouth. Try giving me anything less than an "A" on my next dentist check-up, I dare you!!!
27. And a monthly subscription to Quip, the beautiful and award-winning electric toothbrush with a two-minute timer to effectively remove plaque and prevent gingivitis.
Some reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.