19 Gifts The Most Pretentious Person You Know Will Love
[Ryan Gosling explaining jazz music in La La Land voice] They're very, very exciting!
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A book of New York Times crossword puzzles, but, like, only from the hardest day of the week, which *technically* is the only day that matters.
2. Temporary literary tattoos — which reminds me, you don't actually still like Catcher in the Rye, do you?
4. A kombucha brewing kit, so they can shake their head at the dummies at Whole Foods buying the stuff for $7 a bottle.
5. A decanter that'll give them so many more opportunities to performatively swirl and sniff their glasses for guests.
6. A personalized embosser, so the next time they lend out their books (probs STAT because their curation is in HIGH demand) everyone can see their crisp, legendary name.
9. A resin Greek bust so they can indulge in 2018's hottest (read: most inexplicable) decorating trend while tangentially reminding you that they aced all their Iliad papers in high school.
10. A pair of Bowers & Wilkins PX headphones because [clears throat] technically speaking, the sound on these cans are better than the Bose QuietComforts.
11. A satirical T-shirt that pays homage to the short-lived (for civilians; long-lived for them, as an early adopter, of course) movie subscription service.
12. A travel-sized Old Fashioned cocktail kit because who needs first class when they can revel in the exquisite synergy of their bitters from the economy section? (Highly overrated!!)
13. A monthly cigar subscription box so the next time you see them they can talk your ear off about the importance of seeking out smokes outside of the US.
14. An art deco alarm clock, because nothing says "I have levels" quite like owning a bedside analog when you have a perfectly sufficient one built into your iPhone.
15. A French press coffee maker for the person who would never be caught dead with a K-cup in their hand.
16. A status-y hand soap they can show off on their bathroom counter. "Yeah, the Hinoki scent is inspired by the Buddhist temples of Mount Koya in Japan."
17. A big literary flex of a poster that lets everyone know that, at one point in time, they read 1,079 pages of DFW.
18. A travelers notebook they can jot down all of their very cultured observations and poetry down in, just like in that one film that got nominated for a Palme d'Or a few years ago.
19. And a 20-sided die covered with "founder" jargon. (You could call it a true "disruption of the model.")
Looking for more great gifts for niche identities? Look no further:
Some reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.