29 Eco-Friendly Products That People Actually Swear By
Have you still not invested in reusable straws?
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
3. A Patagonia Nano Puff insulated jacket to prepare for the cold weather ahead while ensuring mankind has a future at all (Patagonia is committed to using sustainable materials — and this jacket with recycled fabric and insulation is no exception).
4. A sleek compost bin with an adjustable air vent you can mount on your cabinet door if you prefer to keep it out of sight. (Though, it's far from an eyesore!)
5. A roomy canvas tote to take along to the grocery store so there's no need to get a plastic bag at checkout.
6. A 100% plastic-free candle with sustainable coconut wax that'll double as a nice glass after you've burned through it. (Or, you can return your used candles to the company for re-use.)
8. A planter that's made with a blend of recycled wood and corn-derived bioplastic so your greenery can be...even greener.
10. A '70s inspired table lamp that'll be practical for not just your home (it's incredibly easy to assemble and comes with an excellent dimmer) but for the environment, too (it's made of sustainable plant polymers, like corn, sugarcane and sugar beets).
12. A variety pack of tasty gum that'll cut out the wasteful plastic — Simply Gum uses wild harvested chicle (tree sap) as its base.
13. A naturally sourced toothpaste and tube roller from a company that is committed to sustainability and local production to make you finally care about toothpaste. Try resisting this pastel and Helvetica packaging — you can't!
15. A recycled gift wrap set embedded with hundreds of Wildflower seeds — just cover the paper with 1/8" of loose topsoil instead of tossing it in the trash — so the gift recipient will walk away with two gifts. Three, if they consider saving the earth one.
16. A bamboo cutlery set that'll come with a metal straw and cleaning brush (the whole sustainable fam!).
17. A pack of 100% compostable poop bags because the world doesn't have to go to shit just because your dog does.
21. A seven-piece nesting bowl set made from bamboo that'll make baking prep (and storage!) a breeze.
22. A pack of long-lasting and biodegradable plant-based sponges without added colors and chemicals.
25. A low-flow showerhead that's designed to help save you up to 30% more energy and water (as long as you don't end up spending twice as much time in the shower enjoying the hot water).
26. A two-pack of Meyer's laundry detergent, which is biodegradable, plant-derived, and not least of all, very lovely to smell.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.