One-Pot Broccoli Pesto Pasta
2 large crowns fresh broccoli (about 1½ pounds)
3 tablespoons sea salt or kosher salt
1 pound whole wheat pasta (short) 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
¼ cup fresh walnuts ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
1 garlic clove
1. Steam broccoli until bright green (be careful to not overcook). Set aside on paper towels.
2. Fill large pot with water and salt. Bring to a boil, cooking pasta until al dente. Make sure to reserve at least 2 cups of the pasta water. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, combine broccoli and about ¼ cup of oil. Pulse until broccoli is broken down.
4. Add walnuts, garlic, ½ cup of Parmesan, and chili flakes. Slowly add olive oil. Pulse until creamy.
5. Add pesto to the pot along with the cooked pasta. Cook over medium-high heat and toss well, slowly adding the reserved pasta water (use only enough just to coat the pasta so it’s glossy and rich).
6. Season to taste.
7. Serve with remaining ¼ cup parmesan.
8. Serve alongside a refreshing Coca-Cola Zero Sugar and enjoy!