24. HIS SYMPTOMS:
27. A peculiarly phallic OBSESSION with wands
wand/wang and all that
33. POSSIBLE DIAGNOSES:
Either in their singularity or in combinations.
Psychcentral.com: “Bereavement is diagnosed when the focus of clinical attention is a reaction to the death or loss of a loved one. As part of their reaction to the loss, some grieving individuals present with symptoms characteristic of a Major Depressive Episode (e.g., feelings of sadness and associated symptoms such as insomnia, poor appetite, and weight loss).”
He is quite fixated on his parent’s death and refuses to believe they were killed by a mere car accident. Instead, he invents a tantalizing story - that his parents died protecting him, and he is the “chosen one” to stop the “Dark Lord.”
35. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Psychcentral.com: “Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a debilitating mental disorder that follows experiencing or witnessing an extremely traumatic, tragic, or terrifying event. People with PTSD usually have persistent frightening thoughts and memories of their ordeal and feel emotionally numb, especially with people they were once close to.”
In conjunction with bereavement, Harry is still in shock of his parents’ deaths and remembers vivid details of how (he thinks) they were killed by the wizard he created.
Wikipedia: “Schizophrenia is characterized by a breakdown of thought processes and by a deficit of typical emotional responses. Common symptoms include auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant social or occupational dysfunction.”
Apart from the fact that, in this wizarding world, people and things can be invisible, dead folks show up in mirrors and you can go back in time, the entire concept that Harry has created these people and creatures and adventures is a total delusion unto itself.
37. Multiple Personality Disorder
Wikipedia: “Dissociative identity disorder, also known as multiple personality disorder, is characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately control a person’s behaviour, and is accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness.”
Harry struggles with his roles - as friend, Chosen One, lover, “regular” boy (with wizarding powers), etc. He is constantly conflicted. Also, there is always the theory that, should it all be in his head, Harry is actually each character he creates.
40. …it was all one big dream.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻