1. Dario Argento is a Master of Horror. He has written 41 and directed 23 films. Most are in the Fantasy/Horror genre.
“Horror is the future. And you cannot be afraid. You must push everything to the absolute limit or else life will be boring. People will be boring. Horror is like a serpent; always shedding its skin, always changing. And it will always come back. It can’t be hidden away like the guilty secrets we try to keep in our subconscious.” -Dario Argento
3. He chooses watchable leading ladies and supporting actresses.
“I like women, especially beautiful ones. If they have a good face and figure, I would much prefer to watch them being murdered than an ugly girl or man. I certainly don’t have to justify myself to anyone about this. I don’t care what anyone thinks or reads into it. I have often had journalists walk out of interviews when I say what I feel about this subject.” -Dario Argento
5. “Suspiria” was filmed without sound. Argento recorded the dialogue later and dubbed it over the film.
I mean, who does that anymore? Genius. The delay in sound from when the actors are moving their lips further adds to the audience’s sense of unease.
Suspiria is a such a whimsical horror film as it is. This feature only enhances our extreme fear.
6. Argento understands the art of theatrical film angles. His movies are also notorious for caring more about the shot than what’s happening in the film plot-wise, also known as “style over substance.”
“Is it right to be obsessed with looking at terrible things and sharing them with other people?” -Dario Argento
10. His films have the best poster art.
As a side note, the “Suspiria” soundtrack by Goblin is Dario Argento’s work in a musical nutshell. Listen and enjoy.
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing the repeal of Obamacare and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos defended the Trump administration rescinding transgender protections, despite reports she opposed the effort.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.