1. Dario Argento is a Master of Horror. He has written 41 and directed 23 films. Most are in the Fantasy/Horror genre.
2. He knows how to play with lighting and isn't afraid to use shadows to scare the living crap out of us.
3. He chooses watchable leading ladies and supporting actresses.
4. And then he kills them off in the prettiest of ways.
And a variety of ways.
Including gruesome ways.
5. "Suspiria" was filmed without sound. Argento recorded the dialogue later and dubbed it over the film.
6. Argento understands the art of theatrical film angles. His movies are also notorious for caring more about the shot than what's happening in the film plot-wise, also known as "style over substance."
7. His "Three Mothers" Trilogy spans 4 decades.
8. In his films, whenever he needs to show close-ups of the hands of a male murderer, Argento chooses to use his own.
9. His set designs become characters unto themselves.
And he loves the color RED if you hadn't noticed.
10. His films have the best poster art.
11. Argento himself looks like a character in one of his movies. This may not be a real point, but it has to count for something.
As a side note, the "Suspiria" soundtrack by Goblin is Dario Argento's work in a musical nutshell. Listen and enjoy.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!