With the summer growing season coming to an end, the one plant that can prolong the life of your garden is kale. It’s able to continue to grow throughout the fall even when planted in the heat of summer. The following are some ways to kale:
1. The Refresher
This blueberry kale salad has ingredients you can use out of your summer garden and is simple to assemble. The blueberries are packed with antioxidants and have been shown to help improve memory And it’s light enough to keep you feeling clean but satisfied.
4. The So You Got Drunk But Still Want to Be Healthy
Kale Chips are easy to make and store just like regular chips. You can add some special seasonings to flavor them just like real chips too. And they hit the spot after a night out and needing a salty binge without feeling like a health failure.
6. The Hearty
Now that fall season is upon us, its also soup season. This chicken and kale soup cooks within a half hour and will keep you full all day. Plus it makes great leftovers!
*If you are looking for a vegetarian option substitute the chicken for mushrooms.
7. The Hor d’oeuvres
Looking for something to give out at a dinner party that packs a healthy punch? Try quinoa and kale patties. They’re easy to make and are full of fiber, vitamin A and K. Plus if you have any leftover you can use them as a side for dinner.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app, Meitu. Say cheese 📸