1. Emblematic figure of Rio and Brazil, the Cristo Redentor was inaugurated on October 12 1931.
3. And despite that, sometimes you come across images of it that are breathtaking:
6. That day was CRAY.
7. When Rio hits heat records during the summer, who’s up there?
10. The Cristo Redentor also changes color: on june 2012 it was green in honor of Rio+20.
11. He’s been green and yellow…
12. And even blue!
13. Sometimes he changes color because he’s awesome. Ok, it’s actually because of the sun’s position. But he’s still awesome.
14. This year the Christ was hit by lighting.
15. It ruined one of the hands of the Christ.
16. … And people went there to fix it.
“Let me see where it hit you, Christ”.
17. It’s probably not easy to be working all the way up there, but look at that view:
18. … Someone has to do the hard job.
19. All these guys working in keeping the Christ together deserve a round of applause:
*clap clap clap*
20. But their job has some advantages… They get to see the heart of Christ from inside.
22. The statue is located overlooking most of Rio de Janeiro, you even get to see the Maracanã stadium.
(Yes, the World Cup will take place!)
23. He’s a reference, rain or shine.
24. During the day…
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 24. Officials still need to search 80% of the building.
- Obama's student loan forgiveness efforts will likely cost taxpayers tens of billions of dollars more than expected 👀💵
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂