1. A BYO Blush by Youthforia, which reacts to your skin's pH level to create a natural, pigmented, and ideal flush for your unique skin tone. Its vegan formula is made with 20 different plant-based and skin-friendly ingredients, so you don't even need to stress about falling asleep *before* washing it off.
Youthforia is a woman-owned small business established in 2021 that aims to make makeup that's good enough to sleep in. No, really. The founder, Fiona Co Chan, even tested the blush by sleeping in it for two months! They also put an emphasis on being environmentally-friendly and not using fossil fuels and toxins in their products.
Promising review: "Dewy and glowy. I tried it over makeup and it appeared as a strong pink shade but settled to a flushed, glow-y color. I had my little sister try it too because I wanted to see the color change again and it lasted a really long time on her. The texture was smooth and it was easy to rub in and blend out." –Summer
Get it from Youthforia for $36 or from Amazon for $35.99.
2. A TikTok-approved Essence Lash Princess Mascara that adds length and volume to your lashes without the fuss of having to mess with falsies (and pesky glue).
BuzzFeed Editor Kayla Boyd tried this out and raves: "As someone who isn't a big fan of false lashes (the glue irritates my eyes and I'm terrible at applying them) this budget-friendly holy grail does the trick for both lengthening and volumizing my lashes. After you've given it a minute to dry, it lasts all day long and doesn't smudge or fade. It seriously gives the effect of false lashes, without the discomfort."
Promising review: "After using Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte for the past year, I got tired of breaking the bank over mascara. My sister suggested Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. It provides dramatic length and great volume. I can honestly say I can’t stop looking at my eyelashes in the mirror every single day because of how awesome they look. Also, it is very long-wearing. I go from an eight-hour workday right to the gym and sweat like crazy...and this stuff doesn’t budge! I love it!" —Carrie E Weikert
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
For more info and review pics, check out Kayla's full Essence Lash Princess Mascara review, as well as some other TikTok products that we're loving right now!
3. A L'Oréal Paris True Match foundation with a super-blendable, medium-coverage formula with a natural finish and SPF, all for under $5!
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE this foundation. Honestly, I would have to say that this is the best kind I've ever used. I have sensitive skin with a combination between dry and oily. This foundation is very lightweight, and IMO, it is perfect for people who love a more natural appearance instead of cakey. Thank you, L'Oréal, for making it easier for African American women to find their perfect shade!" –Abria
Get it from Amazon for $4.72 (available in 43 shades).
4. A Tower 28 ShineOn Lip Jelly to give you the shiniest and juiciest lips around without any of the unwanted stickiness. Feel free to let your hair down, since it won't be getting stuck on your glossy pout. 💋
Tower 28 is small, clean beauty brand that makes skincare, plus makeup that acts like skincare. Their products are non-toxic, non-irritating, vegan, and cruelty-free, so sensitive skin can breathe a little easier.
Promising review: "Most lip glosses dry out your lips and get crusty after a few hours but, this moisturizes your lips and stay on for hours. It’s not sticky either, unlike most other brands. Very happy with my purchase! :)" –traci
Get it from Tower 28 or Sephora, both for $15 (available in 12 shades and finishes).
5. A Julep eyeshadow stick for anyone that loves a done-up eye but doesn't want to break out an entire palette. With an impressive amount of shades in matte, shimmer, and metallic finishes, you'll find yourself reaching for this one-and-done product for both day and night looks.
This eyeshadow stick applies as a cream and sets as a powder. It's also formulated with Vitamin C and E to nourish and hydrate your skin.
Promising review: "This is the sixth color I have bought. These eyeshadow sticks are so easy to use and all the colors I have are beautiful. I am no makeup expert and need easy-to-use products. I have used the colors by themselves and in combo with other colors and they blend beautifully. So easy to just grab and apply. I do find that my shadow will crease as the day goes on but I have yet to use any eyeshadow that doesn’t no matter the brand or cost. When it creases, I just smudge it out with my finger and it looks great. Wipes off easily with makeup remover. I love this subtle color when I’m just running errands and don’t want to put a full face of makeup on." –mom2boys
Get it from Amazon for $16 (available in 26 shades and finishes).
6. A reviewer-favorite translucent loose setting powder by Coty Airspun to help minimize shine and make sure that full face of makeup you're sporting doesn't conk out before you make it to happy hour.
Promising review: "Excellent! I should have known but I rarely used powder before... now I see the benefit. Not all are created equally. Choose wisely. Choose this. This is 5 stars easy. I use it to set after makeup and it is great even sets eyeshadow well. Very nice soft scent. Just the right amount of weight. Not cakey or heavy at all. Flawless finish." –Tamara
Get it from Amazon for $5.72+ (available in five shades and in multipacks).
Read our full review of the Coty Airspun powder for more info!
7. A Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer that has over 90,000 five-star reviews for a reason. Its buildable and brightening coverage packs a *figurative* punch, while it's multi-use functions (concealing, correcting, contouring) make it majorly convenient.
Promising reviews: "I have tried countless concealers for my under-eye circles —most of which cost triple the price of this one, by the way. I figured I’d try this on a whim because the reviews were so great and it was so inexpensive. It’s officially become my new favorite concealer. It’s not cakey, it blends easily, it doesn’t crease and it lasts all day." –Cheryl
"I can't find the words. It's awesome! Everything about it! Blends flawlessly, doesn't dry out the skin, and has very nice coverage! I have mature skin, other words I'm getting old, it didn't cake or crease! I've used it as foundation, to conceal and contour. Every time, it gets the job done and my makeup looks flawless!" –Christy aka MisfitAngel
Get it from Amazon for $6.95+ (available in 18 shades).
8. Or a Kosas Revealer Concealer, which is a medium-coverage, crease-proof, and delightful combination of a color corrector and an eye cream. Its nourishing formula gives your under-eyes a boost of hydration and energy, as well as evens out your skin tone.
Kosas recently launched a Revealer Foundation to pair with the concealer, which you may want to check out if you like the sound of this product!
Promising review: "I really enjoy this concealer! I would say it gives medium coverage and is definitely one of the more hydrating concealers in my collection. It blends out beautifully with a brush or sponge and wears well under the eyes without major creasing or fading throughout the day. Works well with the accompanying foundation in the line. I would definitely repurchase once I run out to have as an option." –ciennaaa
Get it from Sephora for $28 (available in 28 shades).
9. A Kulfi Kajal Eyeliner infused with hydrating aloe vera and vitamin E to glide on smoothly and blend out easily. Not to worry – this creamy liner still has a ton of pigment and staying power. Time to say "tah tah" to raccoon eyes!
Kulfi Beauty is a South Asian woman-owned small biz that aims to empower the South Asian community through representation, as well as celebrate their beauty and culture. And BTW, kulfi is a type of South Asian ice cream!
Promising review: "It's been so hard for me to find an eyeliner that is both easy to put on and has staying power. This one is like butter. So gentle, but with amazing pigment. I am sold!" –Sri R.
Get it from Kulfi Beauty for $20 (available in five shades).
In honor of APAHM, take a look at some other products from Asian-owned brands that we're loving right now.
10. A vegan and cruelty-free Poreless Putty Primer by E.l.f. for smoothing texture and minimizing pores, giving your skin a velvety finish and creating an ideal base for makeup. It's also made with skincare powerhouse ingredient Squalene, so you can hydrate and nourish before getting glammed.
Promising review: "This is smooth, blends well with foundation, and feels good on the skin. Sets well with powder. I sometimes wear it alone for a little smoother look, since it's colorless it doesn't look like foundation. The price is great and I've yet to see it in a store. I like that I can control how much to apply and a little goes a long way. It appears to wash off well. Will be buying it again." –Momma Bee
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
11. And an Elizabeth Mott eye primer to stop creasing in its tracks. That multi-shade eyeshadow and liner look you painstakingly applied should last as long as you want it to!
Promising review: "So let me start by saying I have used nearly every eyeshadow primer available. From high end to low...they don't hold a candle to Thank Me Later. I have very oily skin. Using this primer, shadow lasts a full eight hours or more. I could get maybe five or six out of the other brands if I was lucky. I got this as a sample in my Ipsy bag, and I had to buy the full-size product straightaway! I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Thank you, Elizabeth Mott, for finally making a primer that lasts! I love this stuff!" —Melissa Mae
Get it from Amazon for $13.68.
12. A Maybelline SuperStay Matte Liquid Lipstick with a mega-pigmented and long-lasting formula that truly stays👏put👏. So now you don't have to worry about reapplying your lippie after every sip of coffee throughout the day.
Promising reviews: "I bought the colors Dreamer and Lover. This formula is awesome. I’ve been searching for a wedding day lipstick that won’t kiss off but feels comfortable on the lips. This is the one! I purchased lover first and loved it so much that I purchased two other colors! I will for sure be purchasing more!" –Amazon Customer
"One of the best liquid lip formulas. May feel a bit sticky at first but dries down and lasts forever without smudging or peeling like other, more drying formulas. I generally use two shades to create an ombré effect, a single shade can be a little flat because they’re so opaque." –Britt
Get it from Amazon for $7.75+ (available in 37 shades).
13. A Brow Freeze Styling Wax by Anastasia Beverly Hills for keeping your eyebrows perfectly laminated all day long. Simply pick up a *small* amount of product using a spoolie or brow brush and comb your brows into your desired shape!
FYI, the recommended applicator is sold separately.
Promising review: "Hands-down the best brow wax I’ve tried, and I’ve tried a ton. My brows are stubborn and they do not move with this stuff. A little goes a long way. Use too much and you have flakes & white residue. If my fringe knocks my brows outta place, I just use my finger to put them back and carry on with my day. 11/10 stars." —gothbutnot
Get it from Sephora for $23.