Zesty Chicken Cobb Salad
Here's a video that shows you how the salad is made:
8 strips bacon
2 (5 ounce) chicken breasts
1 shallot, diced
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-2 heads romaine lettuce
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 roma tomato, diced
1 avocado, sliced
4 ounces blue cheese
1. Slice strips of bacon into 1-inch pieces.
2. Aggressively season chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Over medium-high heat, cook bacon until desired crispness. Remove from the pan and strain over a paper towel. Drain excess fat .
4. Cook the chicken breast for 7 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165˚F/75˚C.
5. In a bowl, whisk together shallots, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified.
6. Chop romaine into bite size pieces and dice chicken into cubes.
7. In a serving bowl, add a bed of romaine lettuce.
8. In lines across the bowl, place chicken, blue cheese, bacon pieces, avocado, egg, and tomatoes.
9. Drizzle the dressing over the top.
10. Serve & enjoy!