Creamy Jalapeno Chicken Taquitos
Here's a video that shows you how to make them:
Servings: 6 (Makes 24 Taquitos)
For the taquito filling:
6 cups cooked chicken, shredded
¼ cup jalapeños, diced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups crema table cream
24 soft corn tortillas
Oil for frying
1. In a sauce pan, over medium-high heat, combine all taquito filling ingredients. 2. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Wrap tortillas in a damp towel and microwave for 15-20 seconds.
4. Place about 2 tablespoons of filling across the tortilla about ⅓ of the way up from the bottom of the tortilla, and roll the tortilla around the filling.
5. Heat about ¼ inch of oil over medium-high heat. Carefully, place 3-4 taquitos in the oil, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. (Frying them seam side down first helps them stay closed during frying!)
6. Remove from the pan and drain excess oil on the taquito on a paper towel.
7. Place cooked taquitos on a bed of lettuce and garnish with crema, cilantro, cotija, and avocado.
8. Serve & enjoy!