Easy Cheesy Crackers
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C
2. Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, combine cheese, butter, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Once combined, mix in the flour and add the ice water one tablespoon at a time. The dough should hold together but crumble apart if you break it up in your hand. If it seems too dry, add a little more ice water.
4. Separate dough into two halves and pack together into discs. Wrap in parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out dough to ⅛ of an inch, pinching the cracks on the ends.
6. Cut into 1 inch x 1 inch squares and pierce a hole in the middle of each square for ventilation during baking.
7. Place the separated crackers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
Inspired by: Happy Simple Living