1. You couldn't skive off school because you'd inevitably run into your mum in town.
2. Although tbh skiving school was fairly uneventful.
3. You'd bump into your teachers outside school.
4. Plus you had the same teachers as your siblings.
5. And your auntie was the dinner lady.
6. Which meant you tried your best to avoid school dinners entirely as you got older.
7. "Yer maw" was the worst possible insult.
8. And country dancing was extra cringey.
9. School trips to the city were a genuine treat.
10. And you couldn't wait until you were old enough to go to the big city without your parents.
11. When all other options failed, you could always go on a spontaneous camping trip with your pals.
And you'd thank your lucky stars that wild camping is legal in Scotland. It made getting away from prying eyes a whole lot easier.