19 Things Only People Who Grew Up In Ayrshire Will Remember
Forever pining for Frosty's Ice Disco at the Magnum Centre.
1. Drooling over the window displays at Togs Café.
One of the most famous west coast Italian cafés (named after its owner Mr. Togneri), Togs in Troon will forever be remembered for its hot doughnuts, Vimto in glass bottles, and proper Scottish seaside sweeties.
2. Enjoying summer paradise in Girvan.
3. Skating the night away at Frosty's Ice Disco.
4. Friday nights at Bobby Jones.
5. And Saturdays at Pebbles, the hotspot of South Ayrshire.
6. Living on a staple diet of chips and cheese.
7. And getting an ice cream headache at Nardini's.
8. Trying not to be sick on the Ardrossan to Arran ferry.
It wasn't always a rough crossing, but they're the only ones we remember.
9. And peering at the mysterious Ailsa Craig.
10. Leaping off the pier at Millport.
11. Rolling easter eggs down Troon's ballast bank.
12. Carefully navigating a way into Greenan castle.
13. Cheering the taxis covered in balloons.
14. Spending summer days strawberry picking in Monkton.
15. Trampolining on Barassie Beach.
16. Being super disappointed with the Electric Brae.
17. Buying tatties from the howkers outside Girvan farms.
The Ayrshire potato is world famous, so we have a lot to thank those tattie howkers for. Plus, the tatties make great chips, so our hangovers have a lot to thank them for too.