Cheesy Potato & Bacon Egg Cups
½ onion, finely diced
½ red pepper, finely diced
4 pieces bacon, chopped
4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
½ cup panko
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Cook bacon and set aside to drain, reserving fat.
- Sauté onion and red pepper in bacon fat until soft translucent. Set aside.
- Microwave hash browns for 1½ minutes, stirring halfway through. Mix in 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, panko, salt, sautéed onions, bacon, and hot sauce.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, then press hash brown mixture into the bottom and sides of each muffin cup to form a potato cup. Bake for 15–20 minutes, until potatoes are browned and crispy.
- Remove muffin tin from oven and lower oven temperature to 375ºF (190ºC). Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of cheddar cheese over each hash brown. Break an egg on top of each muffin cup and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with crumbled bacon and chives.