1. An AirFly wireless transmitter that will let you connect your wireless Bluetooth headphones, like AirPods, to the airplane TV. Now you won't have to pack a separate set of wired airplane headphones (which don't have nearly as good of sound quality as your Bluetooth ones)... or worse, forget to pack that second pair and experience for yourself what it's like to watch a silent movie.
You can connect up to two pairs of earbuds at a time, and with 16+ hours of battery life, you're covered even for suuuper long flights.
Promising review: "Ever since I purchased my wireless Bose earbuds, I always hated having to use another set when I was on an airplane with the seat-back entertainment system. I tried many different models to connect the system to my Bluetooth headsets until I came across this one, and it is amazing! It seamlessly connects to my headset, very clear and reliable audio, and it takes the stress away from having to carry multiple headsets! Thank you!!!" —Ryan Malloy
Price: $34.99+ (available in three styles and two colors)
2. A luggage-mounted cup caddy to help you navigate through the airport *without* spilling your coffee for once! It's also super handy for water bottles and maybe even a croissant or other yummy pastry.
Promising review: "This cup holder is perfect! It helps me a lot! Last time I took a plane with a suitcase and a cup of coffee, I dropped and spilled my drink everywhere when it was my turn to check my passport and ticket. It was a nightmare! This time, I bought this cup holder to do me a favor! I don't have to worry about where my cup and phone are! I can free my hands to do other things. I love it so much! Hope you love it too." —Philip
Price: $11.99+ (available in 32 colors and patterns)
3. A compact iPhone portable charger for when your battery's in the red, and there's no open outlet in sight — whether that happens on a long layover, mid-flight, or when you're out touring the city.
Promising reviews: "Perfect for keeping phone charged while out and about on vacation. I used this for my iPhone Pro. I love how compact it is and that I didn’t need cords. This is essential for tiny purses. This could charge my phone at least once before needing another charge." —Jillypop
"This was the best gadget I bought for a long international trip! It's small, compact, fast charging, and easy to carry! It met all expectations and kept my phone juiced daily!!! Highly recommend!" —Colleen Flaherty
Price: $29.99+ (available in six colors)
4. A digital luggage scale so you aren't nervously sweating when you show up to the counter to see if your bag is overweight. No more surprises for you!
You can easily switch between kilograms and pounds!
Promising review: "This scale works and was accurate on four flights. First flight was a test at 46 pounds and Delta scales said it was 46 pounds. The next two flights were at 49 pounds and both United and Delta found it to be 49 pounds. The bag on the fourth flight weighed 49 but the United scale found it to be 48 pounds. Four different airports and scales proved that this scale is a good, low cost must-have item for air travel." —Robert
Promising review: "Love it! Lightweight and easy to read! It even gives you the climate temperature (not that I need it but a neat feature). It reads in both kg and lbs. Definitely recommend if you're a frequent traveler and have weight requirements on luggage." —Patricia Velasquez
Price: $9.39 (available in four colors and a two-pack)
5. A hands-free (rotating!) phone mount that will let you turn any ole backseat into your own private airplane TV — one that's showing your favorite movies and TV shows, of course! Reviewers have also used this to clip their phone to all sorts of other surfaces too, like desks, armchair handles, luggage handles, and more.
Promising review: "I bought this nifty gadget about six months ago for a multi-leg, ultra-long-haul trip and it more than held up the entire duration. I was able to finagle it to fit the tray tables on different planes, and like others, I find the height just nice when clamped onto a stowed tray table. It also works on my roller carry-on handle during layovers. However, I find myself using it a lot outside of travel too! Work-wise, I've clamped it onto my office desk shelving to hold my phone at eye level beside my computer. At home, I simply clamped it to a deck of cards and it turns into a versatile stand that I can place on any flat surface. Heck, I've been using it to hold my phone comfortably at eye level while watching videos in bed. It's extremely well-built, and I find myself fidgeting with it all the time. Thus far it still feels solid and I don't anticipate breaking it any time soon. Even if it does break, I'll be happy to buy another one or two!" —Earendil
Price: $10.99 (available in two colors and in a set of two)
6. An in-flight memory foam foot hammock here to make sitting in a cramped airplane seat feel like lounging in a recliner instead. Truly! With this, you can literally stretch out your legs, kick up your feet, and relax! As a bonus, your feet might not feel so puffy and/or tingly by the end of the flight either.
Promising review: "This is an amazing product. It's so simple but works incredibly to prevent swelling and pressure on legs while flying. I just flew the first leg of an international flight and used it, and I am on a layover now and had to pause to write this review. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! It easily attached to the tray table, and I adjusted to my desired height. It is like a hammock for your feet. You just prop them up inside the thing/swing/hammock — which is very cushiony — and your feet are hoisted up comfortably. I'm a big girl and weight is no issue. DEFINITELY MUST HAVE ON ALL MY FLIGHTS NOW. This thing is great!!" —Queen
Price: $21.99 (available in three colors)
7. A collapsible water bottle since it'll save space in your bag before security and can then be refilled *for free* after security. I'll pass on the $3 bottled water, thanks!
Plus, it's lead-, latex-, and BPA-free, is dishwasher safe, and can be used for hot or cold drinks.
Promising review: "Well this is the coolest thing ever! I travel quite a bit, and I usually don't take a bottle with me because they are big and bulky and I usually lose them! This collapsible water bottle is a perfect traveling accessory. It stays collapsed until after security, and then I fill it up for the trip. It's a good size and fits in my side compartment in my travel backpack, and the cap screws in securely so I don't have to worry about it opening accidentally and spilling all over the place. I follow the instructions on how to clean it and it works just fine." —M. Lyons
Price: $34.95 (available in eight colors)
8. A Bluetooth headband so you can tune out the noisy neighbors or highway traffic with some white noise or music when you're trying to catch some Z's in the hotel room — and yes, this will even work for all you side sleepers too!
9. A folding LED vanity mirror because it's impossible to see anything in those dimly lit hotel room bathrooms, but with the three light settings on this, you'll have no problem making sure your makeup is always ~on fleek.~
10. A waterproof phone pouch that's a real game changer for beach vacays. Thanks to this, you won't have to worry about your phone getting wet *and* you can snap some really cool snorkeling pics underwater!
It fits any phone up to 100 mm x 170 mm (or about 3.9 inches x 6.7 inches) and will also keeps out sand, dirt, and rain.
Promising review: "I lost my phone in the ocean over a month ago. A big wave knocked it from my grip and I thought it was lost forever. A diver found it in perfect condition, in 8 feet of water and a foot under the sand. Once it charged up, it was like nothing happened. If that doesn't convince you to buy this, I don't know what will! Highly recommend. 👌" —Rachael
"Used it while snorkeling and it worked great for iPhone 13! If you open and close it consistently it may not work as well but for the price I would buy again for another trip." —Amazon Customer
Price: $7.99+ (available in 14 colors)
11. A set of Sea Band acupressure wristbands for anyone who starts to feel a little 🥴 when they travel. According to reviewers, these help relieve nausea, dizziness, and motion sickness just by wearing them! Even if you're a bit skeptical, what have you got to lose?
12. A pack of soap sheets since it's amazing how many public places never have soap in the bathrooms. Thankfully, with these, all you'll need is water to wash your hands thoroughly. Sorry germs, you won't be hitching a ride back with us! 🙅♀️
13. A clear TSA-approved toiletry bag that you can use in place of a quart-sized Ziploc — this is more durable, way more leakproof (just in case that shampoo bottle explodes) and, crucially, is an actual toiletry bag, meaning you can use it as such in the hotel room bathroom.
Promising review: "This is a game changer. I work in consulting and travel 50–75% of the time for my job. I've burned through many a quart baggie over the last few years and dozens of flights. It's nearly impossible to use the full volume of a quart baggie without breaking the zipper, and this toiletry bag allows me to bring about 150% of what I was able to fit in my crappy press-and-seal bags. I do not regret this purchase one bit, and have already recommended it to several friends and family members." —Ainsley H.
Price: $13.99 (available in 11 colors)
14. And a hanging toiletry bag for a super efficient way to pack, organize, and access everything beauty and health-related on your trip. It folds up nice and compact for easy transport, too!
Promising review: "Seriously?! Do you see how much this holds?! Full shampoo bottles, face washes, hair brush...everything I could need or want to bring, FITS IN THIS ONE BAG! And it’s so cute! Feels like great quality too — all the hardware came with protective wraps to keep from scratching and the zippers feel very hardy. The hook at the top is also VERY WELL SECURED to the bag, it’s double stitched to the top panel, and almost feels like seatbelt material. And I love the extra pockets and netting inside. I would absolutely recommend this!" —mahea_c
Price: $22.99+ (available in six colors)
15. A few roll-up compression bags to help you take full advantage of absolutely every last square inch of space in your suitcase. These essentially squeeze out excess air — but don't worry, you don't need a vacuum pump or anything like that — so you can fit twice as many clothes!
16. A nylon anti-theft backpack featuring a sneaky hidden storage compartment that you access via a zipper at the back! Truly genius, right?! Plus, it's plenty spacious for carrying electronics, books, and other items, too.
Promising review: "A must-have for traveling! This backpack is lightweight, has multiple pockets on the inside and outside for small items, and was so awesome for an eight-day vacation to Hawaii! Felt safe with my items in it and it was a great small personal item on the plane. Highly recommend!" —Marianne :]
Price: $26.99+ (available in two sizes and 14 colors)