1. A pack of heel stoppers to stop your stiletto heels from sinking into the grass and getting completely ruined. Go ahead — wear your favorite heels to that outdoor spring wedding!
They'll also prevent heels from getting caught in cracks in the sidewalk.
Elizabeth Lilly, a BuzzFeed editor, put these to the test as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding after writing about them in a ton of shopping stories. Here's what she had to say:
"When my friend asked me to be a bridesmaid and I learned I'd be walking on grass for the ceremony, I got a bit worried. What's a klutz with a high center of gravity to do while trying not to 1) fall down in front of approximately 150 guests or 2) keel over while quietly stifling tears during her friends' vows? Buy some Heel Stoppers, that's what! I was able to easily slip them onto the glitter-encrusted heels (and later remove them with no damage to the heels).
On the day of the ceremony, these sturdy pieces of plastic made the heels much easier to walk in and prevented me from aerating the lawn. My feet still hurt to high heavens because those gorgeous shoes don't have a lot of support for a seldom-stiletto-wearer like me. Out of all the dough I spent on my bridesmaid ensemble, these were the biggest bang for my buck!"
Get it from Amazon for $11.99 (available in four sizes).
2. A portable George Foreman grill — even people with just a tiny balcony for outdoor space deserve to be able to grill, too! Your landlord won't even get mad at you for smoke or strong smells — this baby runs on electricity!
This comes with nonstick coating, the stand is removable, and you can adjust the temperature to five different settings.
Promising review: "This is the perfect grill for my apartment balcony. It was easy to clean and it's really nonstick. In comparison to other brands, this actually heats up the plate instead of heating lights. It cooked really well and was very easy to install. I would definitely recommend to purchase this if you have a small balcony." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $109.99+ (available in two colors).
3. A super-strong travel umbrella designed by a weatherman who was sick and tired of his umbrellas breaking and flipping inside out while he was on the job. We all know spring is full of rainstorms, so you'll want to keep this expertly designed umbrella on you for any surprise showers!
I can’t tell you how many times a flimsy umbrella I’ve bought at the drugstore has gone inside out in the wind or ends up getting so soaked through that it’s basically useless. Enter the Weatherman Umbrella, designed by an actual weatherman who got fed up that he couldn’t find an umbrella to suit his needs so he made one himself. Not only does this compact umbrella easily open up and give you full coverage, it can withstand up to 45 MPH wind gusts and it’s super fast-drying, making it definitely worth the higher price point. I first used this in December when it started pouring on my friend and me as we looked at Christmas decorations in NYC, and it kept me completely dry. Not to mention it was bone-dry by the time I got home. I didn’t know it was possible to be in love with an umbrella, but here we are!
Get it from Weatherman for $69 (available in 10 colors) or from Amazon for $59 (available in eight colors).
4. A tumbler with double-wall vacuum insulation that will keep drinks cold all day long. No matter how hot it gets outside, you can rest assured you'll have ice-cold water at the ready!
According to reviewers, it's even better than the more expensive brands of insulated tumblers! It comes with a flip lid, a straw lid, and two reusable straws.
Promising review: "Not to be dramatic, but I would die for this cup. I bought the all-black version and it's beautiful. Not only that, but the interchangeable tops and two plastic straws!!! I'm so excited to be saving the whales and looking amazing in the process. I should ask for commission on the sales of this because all of my coworkers want one now. Another great part that I don't think the description mentions: there's NO condensation AT ALL. I also accidentally left half an iced coffee WITH CUBES in here for nine hours and when I came home the cubes were still there and the coffee was still cold. ALSO, I have tiny hands, which sometimes makes holding things difficult. But the 16-oz size is tall and slim and easy to carry/fit in small bags." –jacklynn ramos
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in six sizes and 36 colors).
5. A high intensity sports bra from SheFit if the nice weather is inspiring you to take some more outdoor runs. Thanks to the adjustable straps at the band and straps of the bra, you can tighten this to perfectly fit your body so there is absolutely NO jiggle when you're running your little heart out.
As someone with a ~larger~ chest, I have tried out countless sports bras, all to no success. When I was training for my 10k a few years ago, I had to wear two sports bras at once to control the bounce. When I tell you this is the best sports bra on the face of this earth, it is no exaggeration. The key to this magical sports bra is the adjustable band and straps, which you can make as tight as you need to. The girls literally DO NOT MOVE no matter how many burpees or jumping jacks I do. And most importantly, I can run without any of the dreaded jiggle. For once, I finally end my workout without any back or chest pain, and my boobs are so secure, I literally feel like I can run faster and longer. BUY THIS BRA!
If you're looking for your perfect fit, take their 60-second fit quiz!
Get it from SheFit for $75 (available in women's sizes XS—6Luxe and seven colors).
6. A pack of reusable grocery bags to use on all those trips to the local farmer's market you'll be taking this spring! They fold down to about the size of your palm, so you can even stuff this in your pocket or in your purse.
The bag can hold up to 50 pounds, and they're machine washable.
Promising review: "I purchased these bags because I have quite a walk from my garage to my house. These bags are AMAZING! I stuff them full and they never tear. I also get water by the gallon and these bags hold them. They make my life easier!! Try these bags, you will love them!" —MB
Get a set of five bags from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in 42 color sets).
7. A roomy denim jacket for those spring days that are still a bit chilly — now you can throw this oversized jacket over a sweater or hoodie and still be warm enough to stay outside!
Promising review: "Love this jacket! Pretty sure I wear it four to five times a week. Love the oversized fit, not too large that it looks ridiculous. Has four functional pockets (two outside and two inside) which are really nice. I’m able to fit my phone, keys, and wallet easily without looking bulky. If I could give it more than 5 stars I would!" —Moni W
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S–L and eight styles).
8. This sunscreen from Black Girl Sunscreen that doesn't leave behind that dreaded gooey, milky look that most sunscreens do. This formula goes on completely sheer, and it's infused with jojoba and avocado to keep your skin hydrated as it protects you from that spring sunshine.
This sunscreen is paraben-free, fragrance-free, oxybenzone-free, octinoxate-free, silicone-free, and aluminum-free.
Promising review: "I used to dread wearing sunscreen because of that horrible ashy cast it gave my brown skin. Now? I actually look forward to putting this stuff on. I love how moisturizing it is and that it is completely sheer. What it is advertised to do it actually does. I layer this on top of my moisturizer. You do need to work it in a little bit but it absorbs into the skin nicely. To all my brown/black ladies/fellas, what are you waiting for? Buy it!" —MD
Get it from Target for $15.99.
9. A rechargeable handheld fan you'll want to whip out the second you feel the first drop of sweat descend down your face as that first really hot day of spring comes along. Have an outdoor field day on your calendar? Now you can actually enjoy it this year thanks to this!
I bought this to take on a summer trip to Disney World and let me tell you — it's the only way I survived!! Every day got well into the 90s, but I kept this pointed at my face whenever I wasn't soaking up air conditioning. I was seriously impressed with how powerful it was and how I instantly felt less sweaty. The charge lasts about a day if you use it sparingly (or a few hours of continuous use), so make sure to charge it nightly if you're on a trip. The fan has three speed settings, and it folds so you can prop it up on a table.
Promising review: "I have ZERO complaints!!! My sister got married outdoors and I decided I needed a fan as I sweat a lot. Suffice to say I LOVE IT! I was cool the entire time in the sun, it has a handle and is not too big which makes it easy to tag along anywhere and everywhere. You won’t regret this purchase." —DIONNE HOOK
Get it from Amazon for $18.59+ (available in five colors).
10. An exfoliating glove if you're looking to remove all that dried, flaky skin after the long, cold winter we just got out of. You'll be amazed at how silky smooth your skin feels after using this!
Promising review: "You might think you're exfoliating your skin but TRUST ME, you haven't been. You'll be SHOCKED and maybe even a little disgusted when you see how much skin comes off on these gloves the first time you use them. Take a long, warm shower, then, with no soap, use these mitts after you're all rinsed off. Scrub your body well in a circular motion. Then look at the mitts! They'll look like they've been sprinkled with flour! You'll never get that much skin off your body again with subsequent uses, so don't forget to look because it's incredible. And get ready to be bowled over when you dry off. Hello softness!!!" —isaidso
Get it from Amazon for $7.99 (also available in a pack of two).
11. A Yonanas fruit soft-serve maker because the arrival of spring also means many of your favorite fruits being in season, so why not stock up on them and make delicious soft serve out of it?! You'll get creamy, tasty ice cream made with your favorite fruit flavors — and yes, all you need is frozen fruit to make it!
Promising review: "I saw one of these in action at a friend's house like five years ago and thought it was just a made up memory, because making ice cream out of solely frozen fruit seems wild. But when I saw a TikTok about it I immediately went to Amazon and bought it. Literally this was the BEST decision of my life. I cannot believe still how amazing this thing is! It makes the creamiest, best-tasting fruit ice cream ever. It’s easy to take apart and clean, and super easy to use." —DMCKAY
Get it from Amazon for $43.11+ (available in five colors).
12. A uniquely designed weed removal tool that is so much more effective than regular gardening tools. The head is super sharp on the inside and the outside so it will remove even the most stubborn of weeds. The long, easy-to-grip handle makes it comfortable to use even for gardeners with limited mobility.
Skidger is a small business whose owner came up with the idea for this ingenious weed removal tool when she would help out with her family's garden as a kid and realized a regular garden hoe just wasn't cutting it.
Promising review: "There are nasty goat head weeds in my gravel driveway. This tool is sharp and gets under the tendrils to the stem. There is enough width by the handle to step on it and get it below the root and poof! Out it comes. Also great for weeding around rocks. And the tool itself is light to lift, yet sturdy and long enough to do the job without bending all the time! Love It!!!" —Betsy
Get it from The Grommet for $49.95.
13. A mini projector for the days it's too nice outside to keep movie night inside — you might as well move it under the stars! Whether you're watching your favorite rom-com for the millionth time or a new release, you'll love feeling the nighttime breeze on your face.
This projector is Wi-Fi compatible, so you can connect this with your phone, tablet, or computer. And even if you're somewhere without a Wi-Fi connection, you can connect your phone to the projector with the included cable.
Promising review: "I got this as a graduation gift for my daughter. she bought a screen online and use this projector and watches movies outside in the backyard. She said it was very easy to set up and she loved the feature of it being wireless so that she could connect her iPhone to it. She said 'Mom this is the best coolest present ever!' She said the picture quality is very good and it's awesome and she loves it!" —Teresa
Get it from Amazon for $99.99.
14. And a projection screen you can hang up outside to get the most crisp, clear image possible. You're about to be the envy of the whole block once you put this up.
The screen is 120 inches and made of an anti-crease material. It also comes with brackets and ropes for mounting purposes.
Promising review: "This screen is perfect for our use. We bought it for outdoor movie nights whether being on the garage door, in the backyard, camping, or inside the garage. It’s very easy to install with no wrinkles and shows a great picture. I’ve attached pictures that show how well I can still see the picture despite being surrounded by 7,000 Christmas lights in close proximity." —Hallie H.
Get it from Amazon for $26.99.