We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. An embroidered dress if you're looking for something fun and colorful to wear on your apple-picking outing this fall.
Here's what BuzzFeed Shopping editor Emma Lord says about this dress: "I bought this dress as a birthday present to myself (mood), and I love, love, love it. (That is me in the white version of the dress above, making my little sister take my picture, as one does.) It's so flowy and comfortable, and the embroidery on it is vibrant and great quality. My favorite thing about it is that it pairs beautifully with almost every pair of boots I own, from Chelsea boots to cowboy boots (of which I have...perhaps too many). And the rich colors in the embroidery make it SUPER easy to accessorize or pair a jacket with."
Promising review: "9/10. It is so much cuter in person than I expected. I sized up because I wanted to be sure it would be long enough to be work-appropriate and not be snug on me. Would be cute belted also I think. Can be layered and worn with boots in the fall. Very nice transitional piece. Not quite Free People quality but pretty close!" —Meaghan
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes S–2X and 10 styles).
2. A plaid peacoat because you take fall seriously, and that extends to having seriously sophisticated outerwear.
Promising review: "I really like this coat. It is 'oversized' enough to layer but does not feel too big or boxy. The bottom falls right at my knees. The lining feels luxurious and the outer layer is not over thick but sturdy and well made. Great value if you are looking for a versatile option for a winter coat this season. I feel like I can pull this off with a sweater, jeans, and boots or with a neutral dress and heels." —Bricky
Get it from Amazon for $65.99 (available in sizes XS–XXL and nine colors).
3. A witty crewneck sweatshirt guaranteed to garner some laughs from everyone you pass on the street with an equally macabre sense of humor.
5. A pair of super-sturdy, high-quality Chelsea boots everyone should own a pair of. You'll instantly realize how smart of a purchase you made when you discover these can go with literally any outfit you pick out this fall.
Promising review: "After a lot of worry about getting the right fit, I took the advice given by the reviewers and the company and ordered a half size larger. They fit great! The leather is beautiful. They smell really good. They look very suave and debonair. I’m sitting on the sofa watching TV because I don’t want to take them off. I debated a long time and worried a lot about buying these boots because of some of the negative reviews, but I’m glad I went with the majority of reviews. They were not too narrow and fit comfortably. They also were not too long. They are the look that I was going for. A dressier look than my normal work boots that I bum around in. I’m very happy with these classy boots!!" —CMaxDavis
Get them from Amazon for $160 (available in sizes 5–11 and in eight colors).
6. Or these Waterproof Chelsea boots if you don't love the clunky design of a traditional rain boot but still want protection against rainy conditions this fall — but in a fashionable way of course. Now you don't have to rework your whole outfit just because it might sprinkle later!
Promising review: "I go to school in Santa Cruz and it rains a lot over here so I thought I should invest in some stylish rain boots. These are perfect because they aren't too clunky and obnoxious but they are able to keep warmth in and rain out. I also love how trendy they are because I don't feel like I'm wearing two traffic cones on my feet." —Tara Mashkory
Get them from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in 11 colors)
7. A crewneck that'll communicate your mantra to the world as you walk down the street, sipping your third coffee of the day. Listen: Being over-caffeinated isn't a phase — it's a lifestyle.
8. An A-line pinafore practically *begging* to be worn over your best turtleneck. Just imagine how cute you'll look wearing this to your town's fall festival!
Promising review: "I read about this in a BuzzFeed article that said best, cheapest things to buy on Amazon right now. I was skeptical because I've ordered from Romwe before and not loved their products (they were sooo small.) This fit as expected, and I got SO many compliments on it. I can wear it all through fall and I've already worn it out in the summer!" —Brandon Alexander
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 13 colors).
9. A sleeveless gingham dress that, when paired with a denim jacket and white sneakers, gives off some serious first-day-of-school energy in the best way possible. Don't you miss dressing up for the first day of school?!
Promising review: "I LOVE this dress!! The material is so lightweight that it’s perfect for summer and then the plaid will also look cute and trendy in fall with a jean jacket! Plus I LOVE that there are pockets. The dress is constructively made really well, I was pleasantly pleased to see it also had a lining so it’s not at all transparent. I saw another review that said it ran a little small and as someone between two sizes I sized up and I’m glad I did. I will be wearing this dress all summer and then some!" —Theresa St Peter
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes S–2XL and seven colors).
10. An open cardigan you're going to want to buy a few of so you can always have it at the ready for any of your layering needs. Just picture yourself throwing this on as the sun sets and a cool breeze hits you — ultimate cozy vibes!
11. A faux-leather dress if you're looking to add a little drama to your fall wardrobe. You're going to feel so confident when you show up to dinner with friends dressed in this.
Promising review: "I went one size up to ensure that it is not too short. The fit and style are great. It's not super heavy to cause a weighed down feeling. The sleeves are not tight. My only complaint is that the pleats are not super defined like other pleated items that I've gotten from Eloquii. Over all, you won't be disappointed. Nice Fall staple to add to your wardrobe." —ClemJonesWife
Get it from Eloquii for $149.95 (available in sizes 14–26).
12. A pair of waterproof Columbia hiking boots so you can embrace your outdoorsy side this fall and go on some nature hikes to get an up-close view of all those changing leaves.
I've owned these hiking boots for the past three years and I absolutely love them! When I bought them, I was looking for something with ankle support because I have really weak ankles and was sick of rolling them whenever I misstepped while hiking. They do a great job at keeping my feet protected and supported during hikes, and I love that I don't have to worry about it raining or being soggy on the trail thanks to the waterproofness. Lastly, I love that they're not too heavy or bulky — if you're already climbing up a mountain, the last thing you need is extra weight on your feet!
Promising review: "I needed a waterproof boot that would also be good for lots of walking. I did a lot of walking in Ireland and Scotland, mostly in rainy weather, and these boots were true to their description. My feet were dry and comfortable." —Louise M.
Get them from Amazon for $62.60+ (available in sizes 5–12, two widths, and eight colors).
13. A gorgeous mesh dress you'll instantly want to pair with a pointy hat, tall boots, and your good broom. Plus: It's so stunning, you'll be compelled to wear it basically all fall long — especially on Oct. 31.
Promising review: "I bought this for my birthday party in July. The dress came on time, fit me perfectly in every area, and the material was fantastic for the price. I found no downsides to this dress other than the mesh is hotter than it looks. Having been born in the summer I’m used to it but it’s definitely toasty! I thought it was a beautiful addition to my closet. Dark but not tacky is my fashion goal LOL. I found it to be a bit itchy, but I have the most sensitive skin of all time. Overall I’d buy this dress again, I loved it and so did everyone else!" —Kelly
Get it from Amazon for $28.98+ (available in sizes 0/2–22/24 and 13 styles/colors).
14. An oversized teddy bear coat, which might be the closest you can get to wearing a blanket in public. Go grab yourself a PSL, get your favorite book, and wear this while snuggling up outside.
Some reviewers recommend sizing up for a slouchy fit and more room to layer.
Promising review: "OBSESSED!!! Exactly like a coat from Urban Outfitters except at a fraction of the cost. It's super comfy and warm! Love love love it! It feels expensive and is super cute. You don't have to spend so much money on trendy items — it's so not worth it when you can find cute dupes." —Vanessa
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes S–3XL and 35 styles).
15. A statement-making oversized turtleneck dress so warm and cozy, you won't even need to wear a jacket when you wear it this fall. It's extra cute paired with thigh-high boots, as you can see in the fabulous reviewer pictures below!
Promising review: "Got this in brown and am absolutely obsessed with it. I was looking for this kind of burnt orange color and this is exactly what it looks like. Great quality, super cozy and warm, great for layering with an oversized leather jacket. Can be worn with leggings, skinny jeans or just thigh-high boots for the no-pants look. This sweater is a must for this fall/winter season!" —I S
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and 34 colors).
16. Classic waterproof duck boots that are practically screaming at me to wear them any time I head outside this fall.
Promising review: "I am thrilled with these boots! I took a chance on them and went to Seattle in the winter hoping they would keep my feet dry and comfy. They did not disappoint! We hiked, walked on beaches, it rained, and it snowed, and I wore these boots every day and my feet were always warm and dry, and they held up perfectly. Not to mention they looked great! :) They made this pregnant lady very happy and I highly recommend them." —L.McDaniel
Get them from Amazon for $41.99+ (available in sizes 6–11 and in 10 colors).
17. A kitty cross-body bag with a subtle nod to a black cat aka the unofficial mascot of spooky season. This little guy's so cute and versatile, you can wear it with any of your fall outfits!
I've had this bag for a few months now and absolutely love it! I'm not even a cat person, but I thought the ears were so dang cute, I had to have it. It is on the smaller side, so it's perfect for the days you only need to carry your wallet, phone, and keys. The top has a really strong magnetic closure, so you never have to worry about your belongings falling out. The structure of the bag is immaculate, and I can tell this will hold up for years and years to come. And I plan to wear it beyond just fall time!
Pond Los Angeles is an Asian- and woman-owned small business that creates bags and clothing perfect for traveling.
18. Classic Dr. Martens combat boots that are so worthy of the investment because once you break them in, you'll be rocking these for literal decades to come. Bonus: they also look great paired with any spooky looks you have planned for the Halloween season!
19. A cozy flannel button-down because you can truly never have too many flannels. Wear this on its own or use it as a jacket when it's only a bit chilly outside.
Promising review: "Got an XL. I usually wear XXL. Fits perfectly with plenty of loose comfort , without being sloppy. The perfect weight, not heavy cord. Just soft and light, like you’ve washed it a lot! I’m very happy. Will get other colors." — widowgirl
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 44 colors).
20. A ghoulishly delightful Fair Isle sweater every Halloween enthusiast needs in their wardrobe. I mean, has dressing for the season ever looked so dang cozy?!
Promising review: "The perfect moody fall sweater doesn't exi... YES IT DOES AND YOU'RE LOOKING AT IT! Y'all, this sweater came as a one size and let me just tell you, it is PERFECTION! It's not baggy or anything, the material is very THICK and does have a good stretch to it. I am honestly shocked in the quality of this sweater." —Rogue
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in one size and 16 patterns).
21. Knit and faux-fur-lined booties to keep your toes extra warm on those chilly fall nights full of bonfires, hayrides, and jumping into leaf piles.
Promising review: "Nothing but good things to say about these boots. Absolutely love them! I have big feet (size 10) and was concerned these boots would make my feet look huge. Not the case at all! I love them and they’re my new favorite pair of shoes. They’re a tiny bit tight with thick socks on, but I’m sure they’ll stretch a little with time like all shoes. These boots look cute with some leggings and thick socks, and by themselves with some skinny jeans. 10/10 would definitely recommend!" —jackie kessler
Get them from Amazon for $43.99+ (available in sizes 5.5–10 and five colors).
22. A cardigan dress for the days you can't decide between wearing a sweater or a dress, so you just throw on a hybrid of the two! The stripe details and the pockets give this collegiate-style look a little extra flair. We give it an A+!
You can also leave the buttons open and wear it as a true cardigan over a dress or a t-shirt and jeans! Whatever you're feeling.
Get it from Eloquii for $99.95 (available in sizes 14–28 and two colors).
23. A super comfortable linen sweater that, unlike most sweaters, feels super lightweight and breathable, making it perfect for the days you still want to dress for fall but it's actually on the warmer side.
The Bliss Nature is a Lithuanian small biz on Etsy creating a variety of linen clothing and accessories, from loungewear and sweaters to aprons and dresses.
Promising review: "Oh my god, this exceeds all my (very high) expectations! It's PERFECT! Absolutely gorgeous as well as lightweight and soooo comfortable. I'm ecstatic." —Sibylle Leon