40 Splurge-Worthy Items That'll Be Useful All Year
You can truly use any of these products every single day of the year, which means your money is about to be *very* well spent.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A sound machine that'll drown out the sounds of rowdy neighbors or loud construction so you can finally get a good night's sleep — a feat that is truly priceless.
2. A Michael Todd exfoliating brush — it uses powerful yet gentle sonic vibrations to cleanse your face and remove dead skin, leaving you with the softest, smoothest skin you've ever had.
3. A Kindle Paperwhite perfect for bookworms to keep with them at all times to get in as much reading as possible. It's great to use this summer as you're outside tanning thanks to the glare-free design that makes you feel like you're reading from paper. More of a bedtime reader? It also comes with an adjustable backlight!
4. A light-up alarm clock to simulate the sun rising to gently wake you up in the morning. It's a lifesaver for early risers who sleep in a really dark room and struggle to get out of bed.
5. An Always Pan that's as beautiful as it is practical. This one pan can replace your fry pan, saute pan, steamer, skillet, saucier, saucepan, non-stick pan, spatula, and spoon rest. People with a small kitchen and limited storage space: this do-it-all pan was made for you.
6. A pair of leggings with the perfect amount of compression and a high waistband so they don't roll down whether you're running 5 miles or just running errands. Made out of a wicking, quick-dry material, you can wear these on hot days without feeling like you're going to overheat.
7. A weighted blanket for restless or anxious sleepers looking for a natural way to calm down and feel comforted. It literally feels like someone is hugging you as you drift to sleep, and it uses glass beads to conform to the shape of your body.
8. Or a 365 Blanket from Muslin Comfort which, as the name suggests, can be used year-round because of its lightweight, breathable material (no more night sweats!). It's oversized and machine washable, so you can use this in place of a traditional heavy comforter and top sheet.
9. A body wash from Bathing Culture made in a concentrated formula that will last you up to 160 showers, which means you can use one bottle for almost half the year (depending on your showering preferences, of course!) And when you've finally run out, the glass bottle is refillable, making this an eco-friendly way to get clean.
10. A Hoover Smartwash carpet cleaner designed to pick up debris *and* give your carpet a thorough washing at the same time. There's no need to call a professional to deep clean your carpets when you have this powerful machine.
11. A trio of professional-quality knives because nothing's as satisfying in the kitchen as slicing, dicing, and cutting your ingredients with a razor-sharp edge. A priceless investment for anyone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen, this knife set is sure to last you years and years.
12. A laundry ball for collecting microfibers that come off your clothes in the wash so you can properly dispose of them. The design of these balls mimics the way coral filters the ocean, and by trapping the microfibers, you'll keep those pollutants out of our waterways and make our oceans cleaner.
13. An air fryer (made by Instant Pot!) to bake, roast, broil, or fry all of your favorite recipes in a much faster and more convenient way. Fair warning: your oven and stove might get jealous over how much you'll be using this handy gadget for cooking.
14. A pair of Powerbeats Pro wireless earbuds great for workouts thanks to the hook design that keeps them in place no matter how many reps you're pushing through. You'll get up to nine hours of use on a single charge *and* they're sweat resistant, so you can rely on them to hold up even on your long run days.
15. A pair of flats from Everlane made from 100% Italian leather that molds to your foot for practically no break-in time. They're so comfortable, you might find yourself reaching for these almost every morning.
16. An ice maker that sits on top of your countertop and makes gloriously perfect cubes as you go about your day. Leave those flimsy ice cube trays in your past because this is the ~cool~ upgrade you've been looking for.
17. A spider and insect catcher if even the thought of trying to catch a creepy crawler sends shivers down your spine. Thanks to this clever gadget, you can trap insects from a comfortable distance, and then head outside to release them back into the wild.
18. A milk frother for making fancy lattes from the comfort of your own home. Yes, your local coffee shop might miss seeing your face every morning, but now you'll be saving money while still enjoying professional-quality drinks every day.
19. A Makeup Eraser towel that uses water (yes, just water!) to remove your makeup, even the long-lasting matte lipsticks and the waterproof eyeliner. After a few uses, just throw this in the wash, and you can reuse it over and over again, making it a much more eco-friendly alternative to makeup wipes.
20. A pressure cooker because making dinner night after night can be exhausting. This takes the guesswork out of cooking — it has a built-in scale that measures ingredients to tell you precisely how much liquid you'll need to add, and it comes with over 300 cooking presets so you can cook food with just one touch.
21. An Atlas Coffee Club subscription perfect for java lovers looking to try out coffee from around the world. Each month, you'll receive 12 ounces of freshly-roasted coffee, flavor notes, a postcard, and brewing tips.
22. A nonslip yoga mat that stays put through every chaturanga, downward dog, and Warrior II pose. With a quarter-inch thickness, it also provides great support for more intense at-home workouts like jump squats or burpees.
23. A mattress from Idle Sleep with a hybrid design that combines the supportive coils from a traditional mattress and the pressure-relieving foam of a memory foam mattress to give you the best sleep of your life. Did we mention it's also designed to be flipped over, which means it can last twice as long as regular mattresses?
24. A microfiber towel that's super absorbent and naturally dries your hair 50% faster than air drying does. Your hair is more prone to damage when it's wet, so this magical towel is actually helping you prevent unwanted damage and frizziness.
25. A foldable treadmill from Treadly so you can get in your daily walk or jog at home when it's too blazing hot or freezing cold to take your workout outside. It's thin enough to be stored under your bed or couch, so even people with tiny apartments or limited storage space can still take advantage!
26. A red wine aerator that's as fancy-looking as it is useful. Place the aerator over the top of your wine glass and pour your wine into it to open up and develop the red wine. It'll magically make a $10 bottle taste like you spent at least $25 on it. Don't worry — we won't spill your secret!
27. A bralette from Lively perfect for anyone with a D–DDD cup who's looking for a lightweight bra that still provides support. Once you own this, you'll quickly realize there's no need to suffer through the uncomfortableness of an underwire bra, especially when you're just lounging at home.
28. A pair of sneakers versatile enough to go with any outfit, any day of the year. With a water-resistant shell and a no-slip rubber sole, you'll feel confident walking around in these for miles.
29. A Crest teeth whitening kit with whitening strips *and* an LED light to help you get pearly whites that stay pearly white for up to 36 months.
30. A smart pet camera so you can keep an eye on your pup during long days at work when you can't check in on them in person. Bonus: the camera can dispense treats to your dog, which they will go crazy over!
31. A large tote roomy enough to hold all of your essentials whether you're running errands or headed into the office for a long work day. Equipped with plenty of pockets on the inside, you'll be able to find small things like your keys and headphones with ease.
32. A portable, rechargeable blender for whipping up a morning smoothie in record time with minimal cleanup. Unlike traditional blenders, this one doesn't need to be plugged in to work, so you can take this baby on road trips, hiking, camping, to the beach, to the gym...really anywhere a smoothie craving might hit.
33. A Filtrete air purifier to remove all of the dust, mold, pet hair, and any other microscopic nastiness that's floating through the air and making us sneeze. This one's specially designed for larger spaces up to 250 square feet, making it perfect for studio apartments or large open-concept areas.
34. A foot warmer and massager great for people who are constantly on their feet but never take the time to properly rest and recover. You'll love how great your tired toes feel after using this!
35. A bathtub caddy to transform your bathroom into a luxurious oasis where you can soak all your worries away. It's slip-resistant, has extendable handles, and will keep electronics, candles, and books safe and secure.
36. A fancy light-up mirror that will make you feel like you're a famous actor from Hollywood's golden age as you're putting on your makeup in the morning.
37. An extra-large silicone ice tray perfect for freezing large amounts of soup or broth for you to eat later. It's a genius food-saving hack if you're only cooking for one or two people but the soup recipe makes enough to feed a small village.
38. A Nest candle in a wild mint and eucalyptus scent that's so relaxing, you might want to order more than one so you never run out of it.
39. A car seat if your dog loves coming along for car rides, but you want to make sure they're safe and secure. It's extra padded to keep them comfortable even through sharp turns or sudden stops.
40. A waffle maker that creates diner-quality waffles that are golden and crispy on the outside and fluffy and airy on the inside. Leslie Knope would be so proud.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.