38 Problem-Solving Products That Will Help You Check Off All The Annoying Tasks On Your To-Do List
You'll feel so accomplished when you can finally toss out that to-do list at the end of the day after crossing off every last thing.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A microfiber window blind cleaner if you've been putting off cleaning your dusty blinds because it's just so dang hard to do! With three blades that clean two blinds at once, you'll be done in no time and finally be able to tackle the dreaded chore.
2. Puffer fish dryer balls so darling, you won't mind that you're putting your fourth load of laundry in for the day. These reusable guys will reduce static and make your clothes softer.
Promising review: "While they may be a bit strange-looking, these are a very smart purchase. Not only are they basically eternally useful, they're freaking adorable. I no longer have to buy dryer sheets, as these little fish are fantastic at removing static and lint from my clothes. Even after quite a bit of use, they are showing no wear and tear, nor are they becoming any less effective. My only extremely minor complaint is the initial noise level they generate when you start the dryer. And that's only because I'm too lazy to bury them in my clothes to avert such a situation, which you may be willing to do. For anyone who may be wondering, they are approximately the size of a small apple and they are not rock hard, but very firm. They don't squish easily and they retain their color exceptionally well. No need to worry about clothes being damaged or stained by these little fellas." —BecauseITry
Get two from Amazon for $23.99.
3. A stainless steel cleaner because let's be honest — when's the last time you wiped off those fingerprints on your kitchen appliances? This great cleaner won't leave behind any streaks, and your appliances will look brand-new!
4. A set of bag holders that keep your food storage bags upright so you can fill them with ease. It'll improve your weekly meal prepping by leaps and bounds.
5. A container lid organizer because putting away all of your clean dishes shouldn't result in an avalanche of lids falling out of your cabinet. This keeps them all upright and easy to grab!
6. A dishwasher magnet so you can finally stop screaming out "IS THE DISHWASHER CLEAN OR DIRTY?!" every time you have a dirty spoon. Bonus: the modern design will blend beautifully into your kitchen decor.
7. A spinning makeup brush cleaner that makes cleaning brushes feel like a game at the arcade. Just attach your brush to the motorized wand, dip it in the bowl that has water and your chosen cleaner, and have fun blasting all that makeup away!
It comes with the brush spinner, charging station, eight rubber collars that securely connect the makeup brush to the spinner, a glass bowl, and a splash guard ring.
Promising review: "I use my makeup brushes daily, and they get filthy. I've used other cleaners and this product wins hands-down. The wand and the cleaner itself takes all the hard work and does it for you, not to mention the the brushes dry in seconds. This is the cleanest my brushes have ever been. Highly recommend." —Valerie
Get it from Amazon for $22.09+ (available in two colors).
8. A rubber squeegee brush capable of lifting up so much pet hair you didn't even know was trapped within your carpet. You might THINK your vacuum picked up all your pet's fur, but just you WAIT until you run this brush over your carpet and see huge fur balls appear.
9. An all-purpose cleaner you'll always want to make sure you have on hand. This great-smelling option does it all — it'll clean floors, counters, walls, windows, tubs, sinks, you name it!
10. A set of shower curtain rings with hooks on *both* sides so you can remove just the liner when you need to clean it without having to dismantle your entire shower curtain set-up. It's the little things in life that matter, you know?!
Promising review: "Where have these hooks been all my life?! They make removing the shower curtain liner for washing SO much easier. The quality is great, and they actually glide across the bar." —CASEINPOINT
Get a set of 12 from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in four colors).
11. A hands-free shopping bag carrier if, because of your busy schedule, going to the grocery store is a rare occurrence and now you have oodles of bags to carry home. Never fear — this ergonomically designed carrier can hold up to 200 pounds while still leaving your hands free to open doors or make phone calls.
12. The Safety Nailer for anyone who's been meaning to do some handiwork around the house but is very scared of using a hammer. Now you can finally hang up pictures on your wall without the fear you'll whack your thumb!
It was invented by a former Navy safety officer!
Promising review: "I am teaching my daughters how to wield a hammer and this is the piece of equipment that is saving their fingers. Yes, we learn by experience, but this will keep them interested in helping me. Pain/smashed fingers tend to keep you off of learning a new skill. They seem to be strong; I grabbed one the day I got them and purposefully missed a few times and it saved my fingers. They are still in one piece and work fine. A bit time consuming to stop and drop a nail in every time, but worth it for small projects or for those that constantly smash their fingers." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
13. An ingenious sandwich cutter and sealer with the ability to transform a regular PB&J into an exact replica of those Uncrustables sandwiches your kid loves. It also helps spice up the everyday humdrum of making lunch!
Promising review: "These have been a GAME-CHANGER in this house!! My son has always begged me for Uncrustables but my wallet didn’t agree with them. I LOVE being able to make them at home and customize them to exactly what they would like them filled with! I make two weeks' worth of sandwiches at a time and store them in sandwich bags in the freezer so in the morning during the school year we can just grab and go! Love them!" —Katherine Smaczniak
Get a set of three from Amazon for $19.96.
14. A moisture meter so you never have to wonder if you're watering your plants too much (or not enough!). It's especially helpful if you have a ton of plants that require different watering schedules.
15. A sock organizer to clip all your socks onto *before* throwing them into the washing machine so you can actually find each sock's partner when you're sorting your dried clothes. Anything that makes doing laundry go by faster is a win in our book!
16. A washable sponge because washing your dishes with a stinky, grimy sponge is low-key the worst. Whenever this sponge starts to get a little funky, simply throw it in the washing machine or dishwasher, and then it'll be good as new!
17. Or a Scrub Daddy that's as cute as it is useful — plus: how could you not be happy looking at this smiling face?! This high-tech tool becomes a firm sponge under cold water and a soft scrubber under hot water. And it stays odor-free for eight weeks unlike traditional sponges.
If these sound familiar, it's because they've been featured on Shark Tank!
Promising review: "I don't have a dishwasher and have used so many products full of promise. THIS however, cleans better than anything I've ever used. Goes from scrubbing glass to pans with ease. Gets to the grease, lipstick, baked on junk, all of it and so easy, no elbow grease required. Does not scratch and rinses clean without much effort. I'm a customer for life! I've used the pictured sponge (left) for three weeks and it's still going strong." —Denice
Get a set of three from Amazon for $9.99.
18. An automatic stirrer so your food doesn't burn at the bottom of the pan as you're running around the kitchen doing a million tasks, like chopping veggies, answering the phone, or listening to your kid ask, "Is dinner ready yet?" a million times.
19. A cleanser and polishing powder if you've been meaning to clean up that crusty, burnt, stained pot for days now. That "before" and "after" shot speaks for itself!
20. A bedsheet detangler that'll prevent your bedsheets from getting bunched up in the washing machine and dryer. They actually make your sheets dry faster with fewer wrinkles — no need to run the dryer multiples times anymore!
These detanglers from Wad-Free aren't recommended for use with bamboo, eucalyptus, or rayon sheets.
Wad-Free is a small business that invented this laundry gadget to prevent sheets from tangling, twisting, and balling up during the laundry process.
Promising review: "I don’t know what kind of magic makes these things work, and I don’t care as long as it keeps my sheets from tangling up in the washer and dryer. This saves me so much time in the laundry room. I have king-sized sheets that always end up in a twisted cocoon of wetness in both my front-load washer and my dryer. Before I always had to stop the dryer and untangle everything — now I just toss them in with no worries. I admit when I first purchased it I expected it wouldn’t work, but was willing to try if there was a slim chance it might. After washing and drying three separate loads of sheets with Wad-Free I purchased two more sets of Wad-Free for my parents. Friends and family are definitely getting this for the holidays come December." —ZombieQT
Get it from Amazon for $18.99.
21. An Angry Mama microwave cleaner to get rid of all those food splashes that are covering your microwave right now and making it look like a Jackson Pollock painting. Using this simple gadget is 10 times easier than scrubbing the gross, dried food yourself.
22. A jar of internet-beloved The Pink Stuff, capable of removing set-in rust stains in your kitchen sink, burnt-on food in your oven, and dark scuffs on your wall. It's harder to find something this miracle cleaning paste can't do!
Promising review: "THIS STUFF IS MAGIC. If you’re questioning getting this to clean harder stains or anything, this is your review to read! I was a little skeptical because I’ve tried many things to clean my shower door with the hard-water stains and nothing really ever got it completely clean...this stuff did! I wish I would have taken before pictures. It did take a couple applications and some scrubbing, but honestly I didn’t have to scrub hard, just used a wet cloth and this and my shower door is now completely clean without any hard water stains! I’m obsessed. Now to see what else I can clean with it." —Rachel Anne Deaton
Get it from Amazon for $7.57.
23. A seemingly magical carpet cleaner that has the power to lift even the most set-in of stains. Using this is a much better solution than placing a piece of furniture over the stain and forgetting about it!
24. A bottle of hard water booster powder so you can finally blast away all that ugly residue hard water leaves behind. You'll love that your dishes actually come out looking clean after just one cycle in the dishwasher!
25. A gardening tool to help you complete all your outdoor tasks: the angled, scoop-like design of the blade will help you dig in the dirt while the serrated edge is perfect for sawing off twigs and branches or even cutting twine. You can also measure planting depth with the inch marks on the blade.
26. A pet grooming glove with 255 silicone grooming tips that pick up all the loose hair in your pet's coat so you won't have to vacuum up as much hair later. Not only will you get to spend some quality time petting your furry friend, your dog will paws-itively love getting a 'lil massage from the bristles!
BuzzFeed Shopping editor AnaMaria Glavan swears by this product. She writes: "The glove is super comfortable and using it couldn’t be more foolproof: Just put it on and run your hands through your pet’s fur. That’s it! The silicone grooves pick up so much fur with ease. Like, my dog looks close to hairless. HOW is he shedding so much?!?! After a few runs, I found that I would have to remove fur from the glove before continuing (you can pick up the fur with your other hand or run the glove under some water — either works) but it’s no biggie. The silicone actually makes it really easy to keep this clean. We got Rockie when he was 5 and he’d been riddled with skin issues and allergies, so I was pretty nervous to use anything that could potentially aggravate his conditions. However! Not only does this *not* bother his skin, but he…loves this. A lot. He starts snoring after exactly two run-throughs on his back. Also, his coat looks SO shiny after each use! TL;DR: this is one of those inexpensive add-ons that any pet owner should have on hand."
Promising review: "Holy moly! This glove saved my fiancé-ship!! My fiancé’s cat, Roswell, is so darn sheddy, his hair was getting everywhere. On the counters, on the beds, even on my hair! But this handy-dandy cat glove reduced the amount of hair flying around in the air. AND! Roswell loves it! Everyone’s a winner!! Here’s to the cat glove...may you live forever!" —Colby I Wallis
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
27. A Rubbermaid power scrubbing brush — it's an oddly entertaining motorized tool that will take the pain and suffering out of scrubbing your tile grout.
28. A pack of oven liners that protect the bottom of your oven from those awful drips and spills that happen when you're cooking up a casserole. Much easier to clean this than your entire oven!
29. A clothes folder because that pile of clean clothes in your laundry room isn't going to fold itself! This is so easy and satisfying to use, you might actually look forward (gasp!) to putting your clothes away.
30. Durable all-purpose wipes so you can finally get rid of stains on clothes, furniture, and pots and pans that you thought were very much permanent. We're talking tar, ink, paint, permanent marker, nail polish — you name it, it's gone!
31. A cute magnetic chore chart that will make you feel like a kid again as you check off each task you complete. No, your mom won't give you a sticker once you're done washing the dishes, but you're an adult now! You make the rules! Reward yourself with a sweet treat or a 30-minute break to catch up on reality TV.
Includes a magnetic chore chart and liquid chalk markers. Note that the magnet doesn't work on most stainless steel.
Promising review: "I love this chore chart! I use it as a combo chore/behavior chart. It’s easy to personalize because it’s a blank chart. I love that I can set the points and the reward up myself. It’s great having the option for daily and weekly tasks. The magnet is huge and sticks easily. I’ve tried so many different types and this is the only one that fits our family and works well. I’ve showed all my friends. This is my favorite purchase all summer — and I’ve made a lot!" —MrsDavis123
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in 15 designs).
32. A cleaning gel so you can pretend you're playing with a piece of slime while simultaneously cleaning out the nooks and crannies of your car.
Promising review: "If you like it not just clean but super clean, get this. I got this to detail my car. There are a lot of corners inside the car that are hard to clean. This is fun and definitely will give you a lot of satisfaction after you are done. You cannot wash this so instead of using the whole pod, I just pinch and use part of it. I did not put the used one back since I do not want to contaminate the pure clean ones. I used the portion till it is too dirty and then I just threw it away. It will clean the tiniest place for you. Very satisfying." —Lovelearn
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
33. An Instant Pot Duo Crisp if you're looking to invest in something that practically cooks dinner for you. This ridiculously handy 11-in-1 kitchen gadget does it all: it pressure cooks, sautés, steams, slow cooks, sous vides, warms, air fries, roasts, bakes, broil and dehydrates. You might never have to turn on your oven or stove again!
34. A Thaw Claw that keeps your frozen meat submerged in cool water, which is a safe and super-effective way to defrost your meat when you're in a rush. It comes in clutch for those nights you don't have time to run to the grocery store but still want to have a home-cooked meal.
35. Mop slippers you can slide on over your shoes so you can literally dance all over your room and still get your cleaning done. Sounds like a win to me!
Promising review: "I loved the fact I could put these on my feet and clean my hard wood floors easily without breaking my arms like I do with the handheld mops. AND they polish the floors so much better than anything else I’ve used! I use the Bruce floor cleaning spray and then slide/dance across the floor to polish. Another perk, you get a great workout from it!!" —B dunn
Get a pack of 10 from Amazon for $16.86.