We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An oscillating tower fan so you don't have to suffer through the summer heat and sweat when you're literally just sitting on your couch! Apartment dwellers with no central air: this powerful fan's life-changing.
This super-quiet fan has six speeds, three modes (normal, natural, and sleep) and an additional auto mode. It also comes with a remote.
Promising review: "After moving into a traditional two story home from a rancher we wanted fans in our bedrooms to help keep them cool. I have struggled finding a ceiling fan I liked for our master bedroom so finally decided to pick up this tower fan and give it a try. I am so impressed with how quiet it is and how much power it puts out. Having a remote is a major selling point with being in our bedroom. It’s slim and able to be tucked away into the corner out of sight when not in use, but it’s not even an eye sore that I mind having out to be seen. It was easy to assemble in a matter of just two minutes without any help needed. I’m already looking into purchasing a second one for my large family room as it has plenty of power to accommodate the space. The remote is easy to use and I am thrilled with this purchase!" —Jami Wil
Get it from Amazon for $89.99+ (also available with WiFi connectivity).
2. A clinical-strength antiperspirant formulated for people who've tried everything and still just can't stop SWEATING. It contains 12% aluminum chloride, which blocks sweat for up to 72 gloriously dry hours.
Promising review: "Just got inside from 80-degree weather. I CANNOT believe I have no sweat marks. To be dramatic, this is life-changing. To be modest, this is life changing. Haha. I was always so embarrassed going anywhere! No matter the weather I was always dripping sweat from under my arms. I was always so self-conscious, leaving parties early, known as the sweater! No more! I’m seriously so excited about this." —Liz
Get it from Amazon for $5.67.
3. A linen blanket in a dusty pink color that will look delicate and charming in any bedroom. Thanks to the breathable fabric, you can comfortably use this blanket year-round without worrying about overheating at night.
MagicLinen is a family-owned small business based in Lithuania that creates beautiful linen clothes and home products that are all Oeko-Tex certified, meaning they are free from harmful substances and chemicals.
Promising review: "I am in LOVE with my blanket. It is the perfect texture, I can wrap up in it in the summer and not get too hot, and it's so soft even after just one wash! Truly adore this blanket." —Cy D.
4. Or a cooling blanket if you love the feeling of curling up underneath a comfy blanket but then wake up soaked in your own sweat. Not with this smartly genius blanket — it's designed with "Arc-Chill" cooling fibers which absorb your body heat and wick away moisture.
Promising review: "Let me start by saying I get extremely overheated when I sleep but also enjoy the weight of a blanket on me. This blanket is the perfect solution for that. It is large enough to cover my entire queen-sized bed and just heavy enough to provide some weight while I sleep. It is definitely cold but not overwhelmingly cold at all. It’s like flipping your pillow over the cold side, except it’s an entire blanket! I love this thing, but I may have to get another one since my husky-mix loves it just as much as me!" —Madison P.
Get it from Amazon for $36.99+ (available in four sizes and eight colors).
5. A tumbler with double-wall vacuum insulation that will keep drinks cold all day long. No matter how hot it gets outside, you can rest assured you'll have ice-cold water at the ready!
According to reviewers, it's even better than the more expensive brands of insulated tumblers! It comes with a flip lid, a straw lid, and two reusable straws.
Promising review: "Not to be dramatic, but I would die for this cup. I bought the all-black version and it's beautiful. Not only that, but the interchangeable tops and two plastic straws!!! I'm so excited to be saving the whales and looking amazing in the process. I should ask for commission on the sales of this because all of my coworkers want one now. Another great part that I don't think the description mentions: there's NO condensation AT ALL. I also accidentally left half an iced coffee WITH CUBES in here for nine hours and when I came home the cubes were still there and the coffee was still cold. ALSO, I have tiny hands, which sometimes makes holding things difficult. But the 16-oz size is tall and slim and easy to carry/fit in small bags." –jacklynn ramos
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in six sizes and 42 colors).
6. An adjustable mister you can attach to your hose to keep you cool as you lounge poolside or in your backyard. Now THIS is truly the kind of simple luxury we need during hot, humid days!
The mister will cool the surrounding area by 20 degrees, and it comes with an interchangeable flower-shaped misting head for a fun, whimsy detail.
Promising review: "Works exactly how I want it to. Provides a fine, cool most on the patio, allowing us to enjoy the backyard until sunset without breaking a sweat. Easy to set up. It was out of the box and cooling us off within minutes." —Debra L. Kusek
Get it from Amazon for $36.22.
7. A pair of bike shorts made out of wicking, quick-dry material so you don't have to worry about the dreaded butt sweat stain after a day spent outside.
Oh, and did we mention these bike shorts have POCKETS?! Reviewers say they love the high, supportive waist band and the compression fit that keeps them secure during movement.
SuperFit Hero is a woman-owned small business based in California specializing in premium plus size activewear in sizes L–7XL.
Promising review: "I’ve had these for a while but have generally felt nervous about wearing skintight anything in public so I haven’t given them a real test. Today I said 'what the hell, you only live once' and wore them on a hike. They were SO GOOD! Super supportive, wicking, zero chafing, stayed put both on the waist and the leg, and laid flat under the waist belt of my pack. These shorts are the real deal. Just more confirmation that Superfit Hero is the place to go for serious athletic gear for larger bodies. I will definitely be hiking in them in the future!" —Mollie S.
Get it from SuperFit Hero for $75 (available in women's sizes L–7XL and in six colors).
8. A sunshade triangle if your backyard doesn't have very much shade and you want something that will cover a large area easily. Reviewers in super warm climates (think Arizona) love installing this over their pool to keep it a more comfortable temperature.
Promising review: "My pool is awesome when it gets into the hundreds of degrees here in California. We decided to grab a 20x20x20 triangle and holy cow does it do a number on the backyard! Not only does it keep my pool better-shaded, but it also keeps the sun off of my back patio during the hottest part of the day." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in 6 sizes and 13 colors).
9. A sun visor as stylish as it is effective at getting the sun out of your face as you soak in those sunny days. If traditional baseball caps make your head too sweaty and hot, you'll love how the open design of this visor allows the breeze to hit your hair and neck.
The wide brim provides much more UV protection than regular caps!
Promising review: "I have long hair and always avoided hats because I hate having my hair sweating against my neck in a low bun or ponytail. With this sun visor–summer hat combo, I can keep my hair in a top knot and still keep my face and neck protected from the sun while catching a nice breeze. This is perfect (although a little large in circumference and I have a big head — 7 3/4 hat size) and it’s adjustable and can fit any head size. It rolls up well and has an elastic to keep it rolled. I’ll be recommending this item to all my friends!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in 14 colors).
10. A set of cooling towels — all you have to do to make them chilly is soak them in water and wring it out! These are a lifesaver for the days you want to be outdoorsy but it ends up being much hotter outside than you anticipated.
It also keeps its chill for hours and will immediately get chilly again when you soak it in water and repeat the process.
Promising review: "These are wonderful and work! Purchased to use for Disney trip and they were perfect. They have no chemical smell. You just add water and ring them out. Each comes with its own case and clip. Stayed cool for hours. Great for heat and nausea. Just wrapped around neck and instant relief!" —Christina Hatfield
Get a set of four from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in nine color sets).
11. A pair of fluttery running shorts that create a breezy, cooling effect as you wear them on your morning jog, even on days when it's already in the 80s and super humid by 8 a.m.
There are form-fitting Spandex shorts underneath the flowy shorts, so you won't have to worry about flashing anyone!
Promising review: "I ordered these because I saw them on TikTok. I am 5’10 and 140 pounds. I ordered an extra large and they are perfect! They cover everything and are not too short. I highly recommend them especially for the price!" —MagnoliaBliss
Get it from Amazon for $24.98 (available in women's sizes S–XXL and 27 colors).
12. A rechargeable handheld fan you'll want to whip out the second you feel the first drop of sweat descend down your face.
I bought this to take on a summer trip to Disney World and let me tell you — it's the only way I survived!! Every day got well into the 90s, but I kept this pointed at my face whenever I wasn't soaking up air conditioning. I was seriously impressed with how powerful it was and how I instantly felt less sweaty. The charge lasts about a day if you use it sparingly (or a few hours of continuous use), so make sure to charge it nightly if you're on a trip. The fan has three speed settings, and it folds so you can prop it up on a table.
Promising review: "I have ZERO complaints!!! My sister got married outdoors and I decided I needed a fan as I sweat a lot. Suffice to say I LOVE IT! I was cool the entire time in the sun, it has a handle and is not too big which makes it easy to tag along anywhere and everywhere. You won’t regret this purchase." —DIONNE HOOK
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in five colors).
13. Or a hands-free personal fan worn around your neck that points TWO fans directly at your face. It's basically your own personal cooling system that you can take anywhere you go. Sign us up!
The rechargeable fan lasts for up to 16 hours, and it has six different speed settings. Reviewers say it's especially great for people who work outside all day and still need their hands free to do tasks.
Promising review: "The older I get, the less tolerant of the heat I become, and I live in Texas, where summers can sometimes last eight months, so I was anxious to try this fan. I was NOT disappointed! My order arrived a day early, and since It was 97 degrees F outside, I immediately ripped open the box and turned it on. I was not disappointed! It fit comfortably over my neck, and the dual fans are adjustable so you can position them however is most comfy for you. The unit has six settings from soft, intermittent breeze to the highest constant speed, which is my personal favorite choice, since I sweat easily, and this keeps me the coolest. I've been saying for years that someone needs to make a personal fan that hangs over your shoulders or around your neck, and someone finally has!" —Shirley Doubleu
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in five colors).
14. *OR this battery-operated flexible rotating fan with a tripod that you can attach onto treadmills, strollers, tents, or just have it stand up on your desk so you'll always have a nice breeze cooling you off!
Promising review: "We live in Florida and realized how badly we needed a fan for our newborn. We use it pretty much on a daily basis. We put it on her car seat and on her stroller when we go on walks. I’ve even propped it up on our desk when I’m working and holding our daughter. The three speeds are great: low usually offers just enough of a cool down and high is very impressive because it’s fast and quiet. The lights we didn’t really need but has been a nice feature to have. Our daughter hates going in her car seat and this helps to distract her sometimes. Plus, since we live in Florida we have to wait to go on walks until later in the day and the light lets us be seen easier. Overall, it’s a great and I’d definitely recommend!" —EmLe
Get it from Amazon for $24.64+ (available in three colors).
15. Moisture-wicking athletic socks because nothing's worse than going for a run when it's hot outside and coming back with puddles of sweat in your shoes. It also has a heel tab to prevent the socks from riding down and giving you blisters.
Each pack comes with six pairs of socks.
Promising review: "I have a pair of running shoes that really rub around my ankles, especially at the back of my heel. Low profile socks just weren't cutting it, they kept disappearing in my shoes, and provided no protection from the ankle friction. These socks are perfect, they have lots of cushion, especially at the back of the heel, and they don't make my feet sweat like some socks do. I loved them so much I tossed all others and bought two packs of these." —Melissa M
Get six pairs of socks from Amazon for $17.99 (available in two sizes and six color sets).
16. A kiddie pool big enough for two adults to soak in for the days you're looking for a fun, whimsical way to keep cool outside.
Funboy is a family-owned small business based in Venice Beach, California, that makes giant-sized pool floats and other fun summer accessories.
Get it from Amazon for $59 (also available in seven other designs).
17. A personal umbrella that clips onto the back of your beach chair so you can make sure you have access to shade to cool off, even if everyone else in your group prefers to lay in the sun all day.
Promising review: "My wife likes no sun, so this allows us to pull beach chairs together. I can set it up and 'boom,' no sun for her. The clamp holds up in wind and the adjustable angles that the umbrella has allow you to sort of aim the shade. Great product and it fits into a suitcase!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in two sizes and nine colors).
18. A pair of paper bag waist shorts with a billowy fit so breezy and lightweight, you'll want to wear them to every outdoor event you have on your calendar for the rest of the year. No overheating in these beauties!
19. A set of popular wickaway sweatbands for the days you take your workouts outside and want to keep that sweat from getting into your eyes and causing some serious stinging.
Promising review: "I've always been active all my life and I sweat profusely! It's summer here in Southwest Florida. I walked over 5 miles outside with temps close to 90 degrees and over 80% humidity. You get the picture. I just received these and this was my first time to try it out. I walked over 5 miles and there was NOT one drop of sweat that went in my eyes. The wicking is the best ever! It never moved on my head (I was worried because I have a small head), it is extremely comfortable, and it is fashionable." —Michele in O’Fallon
Get a set of ten from Amazon for $15.99.
20. A bamboo laptop desk because no one wants an overheating computer on their lap making their thighs sweat! If you work from home and live in an apartment without air conditioning, you're going to want this as summer approaches — you can adjust your computer to the perfect angle while giving the laptop's fan room to ventilate.
The lap desk can fits laptops with up to 15.6" displays, holds up to 17 pounds, and features five angled positions. It also has a small drawer on the side to store small things like pens, notepads, or your phone.
Promising review: "I recently have had to stay in a chair or in bed for long periods of time. My laptop gets quite hot. Reaching for drinks is (literally) a pain in the arm. This little tray put everything in reach and totally cooled off my lap. Its construction is sturdy and it is built well. I really have enjoyed it, and I love that it keeps everything that I need right where I need it when I have to work from my bed." —msaonika
Get it from Amazon for $33.99.
21. An ice roller gloriously designed to provide sweet relief on the stickiest of days. Leave it in your freezer, and then roll it over your face and body for an instant cooling effect. It feels especially fantastic if you happen to have a sunburn!
This ice roller can also help with migraine relief when you roll it along the back of your neck, and many reviewers also say it helps reduce puffiness on their faces when used in the morning.
Promising review: "I got this ice roller three days ago and so far I LOVE it! I had a debilitating migraine yesterday and while I cannot say that it cured it, rolling it on my neck and forehead definitely helped. Then today after working in my garden for two hours I came in the house sweating and about to pass out and relief was instantaneous! I love this thing so much I am buying another. Do yourself a favor — just buy one!" —dblchocmint
Get it from Amazon for $16.14 (nine colors available).
22. A memory foam pillow infused with temperature-regulating gel so you're always sleeping on the cold side of the pillow. It also features a ventilated design to increase air circulation and cool your head as you sleep, even if it's a scorcher outside.
The zip-on cover is removable and can be machine-washed.
Promising review: "Fantastic pillow. The perfect balance between support and softness. I usually dread new pillows as i always have to break them in for a few weeks to get a good nights sleep. This is the first pillow i ever tried new and got the best sleep in a long time. I didn't wake during the night to shift my pillow or to change sides. I normally sweat on my pillow and this pillow was completely dry. The gel in the foam really does work at cooling. Highly recommended. Only advice is to expect the pillow to air out over a day or two. This is normal and nothing to worry about in regards to foam." —Zainab N. Nawaz
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in three sizes).
23. An insulated, self-adhesive weatherproofing strip so that precious AC doesn't escape through the gaps around your door. This will help your unit work more efficiently and even save you some money on your energy bill!
Psst — this insulated strip also is also great for soundproofing your room/apartment!
Promising review: "Very strong adhesive holds in place. Very good draft/leak stopping. My door faces the breezeway and it tends to seep into the cracks and blows hot or cold air along the floor making it awful in the winter. This stopped that as soon as I put it on." —AYonko
Get it from Amazon for $8.57 (available in four colors and two lengths).
24. A reusable cooling pack perfect for whipping out of the freezer and placing on your neck the second you come in from a sweaty outdoor workout sesh.
The pack has a 100% cotton washable sleeve, and it's filled with jasmine rice. For cooling relief, place in the freezer for a minimum of one hour, and if you want to use it as a heat pack, place in the microwave for two to four minutes.
Beloved Packs is Black-owned and woman-owned small business based in Michigan that creates simple, effective tools for pain and stress relief.
25. A set of claw-shaped hair clips to keep hair off of your neck to help you feel as cool as a cucumber. There's a reason these babies are making a comeback – they'll keep even long, thick hair securely in place all day long.
Each set comes with four hair clips.
Promising review: "These hair clips are amazing! They are cute and sturdy. I am able to fit all of my hair in the clip and go about my day without my hair falling down and having to reclip it. That is a first for me! I even did a quick workout and the jumping did not cause my hair clip to fall. If you are looking for a nice hair clip that will stay in place, these are perfect!" —Amanda Davis
Get a four pack from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in 19 different color sets).