Give Your Closet A Makeover With These 42 Organization Products
Now you can finally breathe a sigh of relief when you open your closet doors and see all the beautifully organized clothes.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of shelf dividers to organize your closet's top shelf and stack your sweaters and jeans without having them topple over constantly.
They're also great for bulky items like linens and towels. The dividers are 12 inches tall and can slide over any standard shelf up to 7/8 inches thick.
Promising review: "I love these! They fit snugly over my shelf so they don't shift or move around. I have a lot of handbags and it's been a mess on my closet shelf for the ones that are floppy. I have limited closet space in a small home so my choices of where/how to store them are limited. This was the perfect solution. I plan on buying more when I get around to rearranging sweaters on shelves." —BarbraGenie
Get a set of two from Amazon for $10.34.
2. A 50-pack of super-slim velvet hangers so you can streamline your closet situation and fit in as many blazers, shirts, sweaters — you name it! — as you want.
Promising review: "These hangers do all the work for me. I was finally inspired to rid myself of flimsy, tacky dry-cleaner hangers and bulky plastic ones — I’d have to size up my clothes in order to determine which ones wouldn’t slide off the plastic. With these hangers, everything works, and the velvet is like an easy-to-use magnet for my clothes. Nothing slips. The space-saving design makes a surprising difference. I share a small master closet and thanks to these hangers my side is roomy and organized now." —E. Marshall
Get a set of 50 from Amazon for $34.99.
3. A hanging purse organizer to keep your prized handbag collection protected and within easy reach. No more having to shove your beautiful purses in the top corner of your closet, only for them to come crashing down every time you reach for them.
Promising review: "I was quite skeptical when I ordered this purse organizer but decided for the price, I'd go ahead and take the chance. Well! This is a winner. There's no assembly. It hooks over the clothes rod, right alongside the clothes hangers. I held my breath as I began to push through a couple of my larger purses. The larger ones protrude a bit on each end but the sling fits like a glove around the purse and prevents sliding. The smaller purses fit quite nicely. I like that my more costly bags will not be a dust catchall now and also are protected from scratching. All in all, I'm impressed with this product and happy with this purchase. It is a space saver. I recommend it. I hope it holds up well. I think it will." —Beje
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in three colors).
4. Or this over-the-door hanging purse organizer that actually ROTATES 360 degrees so you can see every single bag from the tiniest clutch to the bulkiest tote bag. This baby can hold up to 50 pounds, so feel free to load it up!
Promising review: "This has been a lifesaver for me! My purses are no longer all over the floor in my closet. They all fit nicely on here. I love this so much. The packaging was nice and everything came in perfect condition. I have about 10 purses on it right now and it's really nice and strong. It fits on my door perfectly but you do have to push on the door a bit in order for it to fully close and open. However, that is not a problem for me at all. It's very easy for me to see all my purses now and my closet is no longer a mess. From other reviews I've seen, I know this can definitely hold a lot of weight and way more bags then I have on it. I love the way it looks!" —Jennifer
Get it from Amazon for $29.95.
5. A pack of stacking shoe organizers designed to literally *double* the amount of storage space for your shoe collection while still displaying what each pair looks like.
Each organizer is adjustable to accommodate any type of shoe height. It also has an anti-slip surface so shoes stay put even at an angle.
Promising review: "I love these! Love, love, love them! I am so happy to be able to SEE MY SHOES!! They had been hiding in the bottom of a closet or under the bed or piled on top of each other for years. Now I can see every pair! And I have BIG feet! 10.5 Wide. And I have HIGH heels! Some are 3.5 inches high. And while you kinda have to finagle the larger, taller shoes a bit, they DO FIT. When the heels get that tall though, they have a tendency to slip, so I just turned them toward the wall. Works great!" —K. Adams
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $18.99 (also available in a 20-pack).
6. Or this hanging organizer if you have some unused closet space and want to use it to keep your shoes nice and tidy.
7. A set of cascading closet organizers — they magically decrease the amount of space your clothes take up, allowing you to fill your closet with even more clothes!
Watch in amazement as your closet suddenly gains so much storage space!
Promising review: "Not sure why I didn’t expect them to work as well as it sounds... but they absolutely work as well as they sound! Makes MUCH more room in my closet. I used for purses, jackets, tank tops, and dresses and it has been holding very well. When I need something, just push the others aside and raise up the one I need. Very pleased with my purchase!" —Dennis A. Evans
Get a four-pack on Amazon for $9.99 (also available in four other quantities).
8. A pack of hoodie hangers because trying to stuff a hanger into a hoodie can be near impossible, and this will allow you to grab your favorite sweatshirt from college in about half a second.
Owner Nick runs this small business in Overland Park, Kansas. Check out the shop to find a handful of other clever life hack products.
Promising review: "These are a great addition for my teenage kids' closet. They have so many sweatshirts that used to be strewn about on the floor instead of hanging in the closet. These hangers make it easy for them to actually hang up their sweatshirts! The hangers are strong and well made." —Rebecca Scanlon
9. A set of foldable cloth storage cubes that might just be the most versatile and useful thing you buy for your closet. Use them to store clothes, books, socks, hats, or really anything you want to keep in one organized place. They fit perfectly at the top of your closet for easy access.
Promising review: "This is exactly what I anticipated, I wish they were just slightly bigger but I use them on the side in my closet almost like drawers. It's definitely a space saver for me because we have just downsized and wanted a neat solution for lack of space to put a dresser in the bedroom. They work great — if I was using them right side up I am quite sure they would be more sturdy, but honestly I am not complaining because they work great for me. These run anywhere from $5–$10 at any store I looked at so as far as value totally worth it!" —Gretchen Thro
Get a set of six from Amazon for $18.97 (available in 11 colors).
10. An over-the-door hook rack to place your favorite sweaters or jackets on the back of your closet door to take advantage of that precious storage space. The best part is that you don't need any tools to assemble it — just place over your door and you're ready to go!
11. A pack of closet dividers designed to organize your baby's clothes so you know exactly which onesie to grab to fit your ever-growing little one.
Vance Creek Crafts is a Wisconsin-based small business that creates personalized gifts like keychains, cutting boards, ornaments, and more.
Promising review: "These were the perfect addition to our baby’s closet. They made it easy to organize and get ready for his arrival." —Alyssa Shepherd
12. A 16-pack of Command small wire hooks to hang up hats, small bags, scarves...truly anything you care to fill an empty closet wall with. The best part is you can move them around without damaging your walls!
Promising review: "I love these hooks. I have them in our closets (for hats, scarves, light jackets) and in our kitchen (for measuring cups and spoons). I love how easy they are to put up and take down. If you make a mistake and put it in the wrong spot, no problem! Just take it off and use one of the extra adhesives to put it on the right spot." —A. Tran
Get it from Amazon for $10.30.
13. Or a pack of two metal Command hooks that are basically the holy grail of organization products — they can hold up to 5 pounds, you don't need to use any hardware to hang them up, and they look great on your closet wall!
14. A hanging closet organizer with the capacity to hold purses, shoes, sweatshirts, or anything else you'd rather fold than hang up. You could even use it to plan out your outfits for the week — just fold up all of the day's clothes on each shelf so you can just grab the stack and get dressed in the morning!
This attaches at the top to your clothing rod in your closet, and it can hold a weight of up to 50 pounds. There are also two side pockets for holding odds and ends.
Promising review: "A must-have for NYC cramped apartment living! I made the mistake of buying a different and cheaper (less expensive) unit about 1.5 years ago. It could not hold all my heavy shoes and kept folding in and buckling and was unsightly. This is so sturdy!" —VulcanHunter22
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in three sizes and four colors).
15. An over-the-door shoe organizer so you can keep all of your sneakers and sandals visible. If you're using this in a storage closet, it's also a great way to store cleaning supplies, food, or anything else you want to have handy.
I also have one of these on the door of my coat closet and I store all of my winter hats, scarves, and gloves in the clear pockets.
Promising review: "This is good for students who live in dorms or small apartments. It fits in the small closet space. I would recommend it to all students. Perfect for 12 pairs of footwear." —Chinmayi Karmalkar
Get it from Amazon for $9.87+ (available in four colors).
16. A three-section laundry sorter to keep your colors, whites, and darks separate while fitting perfectly underneath your hanging clothes to keep all your laundry out of sight.
Promising review: "This is a great laundry cart. We live in a studio apartment with a very small closet and it fit in there perfectly. We were tired of those bulky plastic hampers taking up so much space and this completely solved our problem. It’s extremely durable as the frame is metal and the canvas bags are quite sturdy. My only complaint is that I wish the bag handles could actually be secured to the bag rather than just sliding right out when you set a bag on the ground or something." —Krystal
Get it from Amazon for $40.99+ (available in three colors).
17. A set of large baskets for storing all of your bulky throw blankets, extra linens, or your kid's toys. They'll actually blend into your decor and make your space look put together instead of sticking out like plastic storage bins do.
You'll get three baskets of various sizes that are made out of natural maize and are handwoven.
Holistic Habitat is a woman-owned small business in Charlotte, North Carolina, that specializes in home decor and donate 15% of their profit to education initiatives.
Get a set of three baskets from Holistic Habitat for $106.
18. A set of plastic shoe cubbies because a good sneaker collection is hard to come by, and you'll want to preserve and display them like the works of art they are.
19. An S-shaped pants hanger so you can hang up your jeans instead of stuffing them into a drawer. Have tons of scarves or leggings? You can use this hanger to organize them as well!
Each hanger can hold five pairs of pants at a time, and the smooth stainless steel design will help prevent your clothes from wrinkling.
Promising review: "A strong and durable hanger. These look like they will last for a while. Was looking for a way to save closet space and to make storing pants better and this is it! Using it not only to save closet space and as a better way to store pants, but also for color organizing." —Taylor Richardson
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in two colors).
20. This brilliant shelf organizer/extra hanging rod combo — now you can use up every square inch of storage space your closet has to offer. Reviewers use the shelves to hold jeans and sweaters and the bottom rod to hang up tops.
21. A Roll Keeper organizer for anyone with a large T-shirt collection and limited storage space. With this, you'll be able to see all of your T-shirts at once, which makes getting ready in the morning so much easier.
The Roll Keeper is a woman-owned small business from Kelso, Washington. Take a peek at this helpful video that shows you how to load and unload the Roll Keeper!
Check out this promising review from BuzzFeed writer Mallory Mower who owns (and loves!) the Roll Keeper: "Before getting this I was driving myself up the wall with my bad folding habits. I basically shoved all my shirts into the storage drawers under my bed, because I have a teeny-tiny closet (the picture above gives you a solid idea of how small it is). This has given me a massive amount of clothing storage I didn't have before. The quality is stellar and Traci is 10/10 the most thoughtful person I've purchased an Etsy product from!"
22. A jewelry organizer with 80 (yes, 80!!!) clear pockets that make it easy to see all of your small earrings and rings. Just hang it up in your closet so you can pick out your jewelry as you pick out your outfit for the day.
Promising review: "OMG this is just what I was looking for!! Feels sturdy and good quality for the price. The pink color is adorable. Has 40 pockets on each side. Great for keeping your jewelry tangle and dust free. No zippers or anything on the pockets so can’t turn it upside down and probably would have to tape the openings when traveling to be safe, but it fits everything wonderfully: necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. Perfect storage solution." —Wesley South
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in 15 different styles).
23. Or a jewelry armoire that's hidden inside a full-length mirror — hang it on your closet door, step back, and then marvel at how genius it is. It's a great space-saving solution for people with a large jewelry collection but nowhere to currently put it.
24. A genius hanging boot organizer if you're sick and tired of your tall boots slumping to one side when you place them on your closet floor. This hanger can also help preserve the quality of your expensive boots so they look brand-new for years and years.
Promising review: "Needed a better way to store my expensive and extensive boot collection and this was perfect! I ordered one and loved it so much that I ordered another one. Perfect way to store them, and easy to assemble and use. The only thing I’d love is to be able to hang more on one system, but not everyone may appreciate that request, your closet would need to accommodate. You’ll need about 12” of width in your closet to use this." —marianne
Get it from Amazon for $49.99+ (available in sizes that hold three or five pairs).
25. A tie hanger so the next time you actually need to dress up, you can find your favorite tie in two seconds flat.
Promising review: "I read a lot of reviews for various tie holders and a consistent problem seemed to be clasps that were either too tight, too loose, or that would snag the ties and ruin them. No issues there. It holds all my ties, it's easy to put them on and take them off, they hold fine, and none have gotten caught on anything. Very satisfied! It saves a lot of space and keeps the ties straight." —Michael J 2
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in two colors).