32 Gifts Under $50 That Are Perfect For Mom (And That You Still Have Time To Get)
Perfect for anyone wanting to reclaim their title of "favorite child" this holiday season.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
1. A pair of fleece-lined memory foam slippers with a collapsible heel so they can just slip right into them whenever a draft makes their feet chilly.
"I have these (and the version without the collapsible heel) and am OBSESSED. Growing up in Florida I never wanted to slippers; it was just too hot all the time. But then I moved to New York City and had to deal with brutal winters and the lack of radiant floor heating in my prewar apartments. Fuzzy socks are great, but sometimes I want some support, especially after a long day on my feet or if I need to leave my apartment for a second and don't want to meet my neighbors while wearing my penguin-print fuzzy socks. These slippers are stupidly soft; it boggles my mind how something can be so comfortable. And the collapsible heel is great for preventing my toes from overheating (which they have a tendency to do in fuzzy socks). I've had the regular version for almost 2.5 years and they're still going strong, so I expect to enjoy these new ones for as long (and probably even longer)." —Melanie Aman
Shipping info: Will arrive by Christmas (see Amazon's full shipping information here).
Get it from Amazon for $46.53+ (available in women's sizes 5–10.5 and in two colors).
2. A spiral-bound collection of the best New York Times crosswords for the moms who love a quiet Saturday morning with a cup of tea, a pencil, and a crossword.
3. A bathtub caddy so they can transform their bathroom into a luxurious oasis where they can soak all their worries away. It's slip-resistant, has extendable handles, and will keep electronics, candles, and books safe and secure.
4. A sleep mask because moms work hard, and they deserve to get their beauty rest! The smart design features contoured cups that don't put any pressure on their eyes, making slumber so much more pleasant.
5. A tumbler with a straw and double-wall vacuum insulation that will keep their drinks cold all day long. According to reviewers, it's even better than the more expensive brands of insulated tumblers!
6. A travel jewelry organizer for them to take along on their next trip. It's small enough to stuff in any tote bag but also large enough to fit all of their favorite pieces.
7. A wick trimmer for any moms who take their candle game very seriously. Make sure to tell them that trimming the wick before the first burn and then in between burns will ensure their candles burn evenly.
8. A set of claw-shaped hair clips so they can keep their hair securely in place all day long, even if they have long, thick hair. Yes, your mom might make a joke about "wearing these back in the day" but will secretly love them. 😉
9. A Birthdate Candle featuring their day of birth, some fun astrological facts, and their own signature scent. It doesn't get more personalized or classy than this gift!
10. A milk frother to create professional-quality foam on the top of their lattes — a small but necessary luxury! Plus: they'll feel like a barista as they use this every morning, even though they're just in the kitchen.
11. A stylish backpack with plenty of pockets for them to store all of their essentials. Many reviewers use this as a diaper bag or a work bag thanks to how much it can hold.
12. A set of silky satin pajamas for moms who are on the go all day and want a touch of luxury as they head to bed each night. These are so affordable, you could even get a matching set of PJs for yourself!
13. A long-lasting HyperChiller if she loves her iced coffee but hates spending tons of money on it at the coffee shop every day. This can chill hot coffee in less than 60 seconds (yes, you read that right!). It also works great for other beverages like tea, juice, or wine that you want to chill at a moment's notice.
14. A dainty gold letter necklace that you can get in your first initial so your mom will always have a reminder of you right next to their heart.
15. A DIY gel nail polish kit to give your mom a salon-quality manicure from the comfort of their house. Your mom can choose from 20 different colors or paint each nail a different color — the possibilities are endless!
16. An essential oil diffuser in beautiful jewel tones that will look elegant in your mom's house. It'll make them feel like they're living in a fancy spa.
17. A 500-piece puzzle full of pups (should we say a pup-zle?!) ideal for homebody moms whose idea of a perfect Friday night is finishing a puzzle alone while she catches up on her favorite TV shows.
18. A set of ceramic vases for displaying a freshly cut bouquet or placing faux flowers to add a fun burst of color to any room. Your mom will so impressed with your design eye!
19. A rhinestone headband to make any mom feel like royalty — as they should! Bonus: it doesn't dig into their head — even after a full day of wearing it — like most headbands do.
20. A faux fur throw blanket that feels so cozy, your mom will immediately insist on cuddling up with you on the couch for a movie marathon.
21. A pre-seasoned cast-iron skillet for the mom who loves cooking and would really appreciate a new nonstick skillet that will last decades. It allows for even heat distribution so food will come out perfectly every time.
22. A pair of sunglasses that will complement practically any outfit they wear them with. Many reviewers shared how impressed they were with the high quality and durability of the design.
23. Sheet masks infused with fruit extract perfect for busy, hard-working moms who are in desperate need of some pampering during the holiday season.
24. A dachshund-esque corkscrew for dog-loving moms who also appreciate a good bottle of vino. Don't you just love when two interests collide?!
25. A set of cocktail-inspired soaps to give them an ~intoxicating~ bath experience. Not only do they smell amazing, but they're also made with a blend of olive oil and glycerin that will leave their skin feeling oh-so soft.
26. A Revlon hot-air brush magically designed to dry and style hair with just a few passes. It'll give them bouncy, shiny hair in about a quarter of the time it would take with a traditional blow-dryer and round brush.
Promising review: "First-time review and it’s because I’m so happy with this dryer/styler! My hair is about shoulder length, very fine with a slight curl, and now it has some gray to it. It’s also frizzy, no matter what I use. I’m 61 years old so trust me, I’ve used a lot of products! Never have I been able to get my hair to look like it did after leaving the salon, EXCEPT after using this. I watched some YouTube videos first for some pointers, and then I gave it a try. It’s easy to use, even though it’s bigger than I thought it would be. My hair came out beautiful! Smooth, soft, no frizz, and lots of volume. Hope this review helps you, anyone out there who has similar hair!" —Anon anon
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in seven colors).
27. A cashmere-esque blanket scarf that's pretty much a necessity for any moms whose constantly cold. This gift is so budget-friendly, you can even get them a few different colors so they'll always have one to match their outfit.
28. A set of wooly crew socks she'll love so much, you'll most likely spot her wearing them every single time you see her.
29. A tabletop fireplace so they can bring the cozy feel of a campfire to their backyard or patio. Here's hoping they invite you over to make s'mores with them.
30. A microwave popper for the film-buff moms who are always hosting movie night. Instead of having to buy microwave bags of popcorn all the time, they can make delicious homemade popcorn with real butter in just a few minutes.
31. A sherpa-lined foot warmer great for moms who are constantly on their feet but never take the time to properly rest and recover. They'll love how great their tired toes feel after using this!
32. And a go-everywhere duffel bag for the on-the-go mom to take on their trip to the gym, their next weekend away, or daily errands.
It's water-resistant and has an adjustable long strap.
Promising review: "I was looking for an overnight bag that I can use as a hospital bag. I delivered my newborn on Saturday and this bag fits everything I needed. It has several pockets perfect for small items like toothbrush kit, phone chargers, snack bars, etc. Not only is it big, but it's durable. I also love the blush color. Can be used as an overnight bag, gym bag, hospital bag, and all the kinds of bags you can think of when you’re in need of several pockets and cuteness in one." —MrsDuxSF
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in eight colors).