40 Beauty Products Our Readers Absolutely Love — And For Good Reason
Give your beauty routine a nice upgrade with these products our readers have bought and loved.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Essence Lash Princess Mascara that will make your lashes look so long, thick, and full, people will start asking you if you got eyelash extensions.
BuzzFeed Editor Kayla Boyd tried this out and raves: "As someone who isn't a big fan of false lashes (the glue irritates my eyes and I'm terrible at applying them) this budget-friendly holy grail does the trick for both lengthening and volumizing my lashes. After you've given it a minute to dry, it lasts all day long and doesn't smudge or fade. It seriously gives the effect of false lashes without the discomfort."
Promising review: "After using Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte for the past year, I got tired of breaking the bank over mascara. My sister suggested Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. It provides dramatic length and great volume. I can honestly say I can’t stop looking at my eyelashes in the mirror every single day because of how awesome they look. Also, it is very long-wearing. I go from an eight-hour workday right to the gym and sweat like wild...and this stuff doesn’t budge! I love it!!" —Carrie E Miller
Get it from Amazon for $3.49.
2. An eye cream formulated to reduce those stubborn dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes that tend to pop up in the morning.
Promising review: "I have been using this daily for about eight months now. I am 60 years old. It reduced the puffiness and bags under my eyes. I had dark circles. It has brightened up my eye area. I am very surprised as I have paid much more for eye creams that have done so much less. I recently had precancerous cells removed at the bridge of my nose. After healing, I was left with a dark scar. The dermatologist told me that it would heal over time. Since I began to apply this eye cream, the mark has almost disappeared entirely. I shop constantly from Amazon. This is the first time that I have taken the time to write a review. That's how impressed I am with this product. If you decide to purchase this, you won't be sorry." —Lynda M.
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
3. An acne patch to extract all the gunk that sits right under the skin whenever you have a whitehead. Just place one of these on your breakout, leave it on overnight, and you'll wake up to visibly smaller, less red zits.
Promising review: "These are the best. Pop on one of these and your zit heals in half the time. The package has several different sizes so you can use really small ones for average pimples or on small places like the tip of your nose. It also comes with big ones for those zits that look like a light in the middle of your forehead. They’re practically invisible so you can wear them during the day." —Terry L. Burgess
Read our full in-depth review of Avarelle's acne patches that gets into the nitty-gritty — why they work, how to use them, and why 30,000+ people can't stop raving about them.
4. A L'Oréal *eight-second* lamellar water rinse-out treatment because you don't need to drop half your paycheck at the salon to get a treatment that will make your hair look shiny, moisturized, and strong.
And it's silicone free!
Promising review: "I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one I absolutely have to. I have 3c-type hair and struggle with a lot of breakage and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would have thought this brand would work on my hair. I have always used ethnic hair products and stayed away from brands such as this one because of the alcohol consumption. I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen. Thank you so much!! ♥️" —Theressa Hailey
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
5. A Schick Silk Touch-Up Tool that removes any peach fuzz on your skin so your foundation looks smoother. You can also use this for quick hair removal in between waxing appointments.
6. A coconut shea curl defining creme so you can finally have the bouncy, soft, perfectly shaped curls of your dreams. You can apply this to dry or damp hair, making it a "low-maintenance, fantastic results" kind of product (aka our favorite!).
7. The highly effective Bio-Oil that works wonders to help fade scars (both old and new ones) and moisturize your skin without clogging your pores. It's especially beneficial to anyone who lives in dry climates and needs a hydrating boost for their skin.
Psst! Bio-Oil contains retinol, which accelerates skin turnover but can make you more sensitive to the sun — so don't forget your sunscreen!
Promising review: "Bio-Oil is the BEST skin product on the market. I use it as a twice a day — morning and before I go to bed. Small lines have disappeared. My skin is very smooth and seems to glow. A doctor recommended this to one of my friends who told me about it. I have bought several bottles as gifts. Be patient. It will take a few months for you to notice the changes. I am 71 years old." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.92+ (available in three sizes).
8. Elizavecca CER-100 Collagen Protein Treatment if you're feeling like your processed, damaged hair has seen better days. This will breathe new life into your locks by making it feel fuller, healthier, and silkier thanks to the ceramides and collagen in the formula.
9. A tube of Glossier Balm Dotcom to keep your lips hydrated with just a hint of color. Perfect for the days you're wearing just a *touch* of makeup.
10. A foot file because pedicures can be expensive and time-consuming, and this will get your rough heels sandal-ready in no time.
11. Or a Baby Foot peel exfoliator mask if you want to fully embrace the grossness of all of your dead skin peeling off of your feet at once. The payoff? The softest feet you've ever had.
12. A peeling solution from The Ordinary formulated with glycolic acid, lactic acid, and salicylic acid, which work together to keep blemishes at bay and improve the look and feel of your skin — all at a price that just can't be beat.
13. HerStyler Hair Repair Serum if you find that frizz starts to take over your hair within minutes of you leaving the house. Thanks to a formula of vitamin E, aloe vera, and argan oil, this serum will keep your hair under control and looking as silky as those models in hair commercials! Go ahead — do a hair flip. Your transformed locks deserve to be showed off.
14. A hairbrush cleaning tool designed to get every last bit of dust and hair out of your bristles. No one wants to run all that gunk over their hair when brushing it!!
15. Nyx Control Freak Eyebrow Gel is especially great if your eyebrows tend to get rather unruly during the day. Just brush this on the morning, and you'll have full, groomed brows that stay looking great until you're ready to wash your face at night.
16. HSI Professional Argan Oil Thermal Protector that's actually a 2-in-1 miracle product — it'll keep your hair protected whenever you're styling it with heat, and it's also a great leave-in conditioner. Essentially, you're going to want to keep this on hand whenever you do your hair!
17. Pretty Fab Nails nail wraps so you don't have to go to the salon to get professional-looking designs on your nails! Instead, just peel the backing off these wraps, stick them on, and your nails just turned into a piece of art.
18. A purple shampoo to remove any unwanted yellow tones in your blonde hair. This is a necessity if you spend major $$ at the salon to dye your hair and you want it to keep looking as great as it did on day one.
Promising review: "This stuff is a godsend! I used to have red hair and decided to get a blonde balayage. It took two visits to get my hair lightened to where it looked blonde and not gold, but it still had lots of gold in it. Now my hair is finally blonde and not gold! I’m so happy! Plus this stuff smells amazing and makes my hair so soft and shiny and voluminous with lots of body!" —KatEd
Get it from Amazon for $11.42 (available in three sizes).
And check out our full write-up on this Fanola No Yellow Shampoo to learn more.
19. An eye primer because you don't want to spend precious time perfecting your eyeshadow just for it to be faded and creased by lunchtime.
Promising review: "So let me start by saying I have used nearly every eyeshadow primer available. From high end to low...they don't hold a candle to Thank Me Later. I have very oily skin. Using this primer, shadow lasts a full eight hours or more. I could get maybe five or six out of the other brands if I was lucky. I got this as a sample in my Ipsy bag, and I had to buy the full-size product straight away! I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Thank you, Elizabeth Mott, for finally making a primer that lasts! I love this stuff!" —Melissa Mae
Get it from Amazon for $13.48.
20. Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer that's a cult favorite for a reason: It gives great coverage, lasts for 16 (!!) hours, and never looks or feels cakey on your skin. Sounds like a winner to me!
21. A bottle of 100% pure, hexane-free castor oil to aid with the growth and repair of damaged hair. The rich vitamins and fatty acids do wonders to make your hair look and feel fuller. It can also be used for skin, eyelashes, and nails.
22. A thick clear lip gloss so you can get that shiny look on your lips but none of that goopy, sticky texture other glosses have.
23. A set of silicone brushes because anyone who's ever applied a face mask with their fingers knows how messy and ineffective it can be! This will give you a nice, even application of your fave mask and will leave your fingers free of all that goop!
24. A cult-favorite Aztec Secret healing mask that will trick you into thinking you just got a facial from the spa as it gets deep into your pores and leaves you feeling refreshed. Many reviewers have noticed clearer skin and fewer breakouts after using this mask regularly.
There is a bit of mixing involved — you'll need to add some apple cider vinegar for it to do its best work. This product is cruelty free and formulated without additives or fragrances.
Promising review: "I first want to share that I typically don’t share reviews but this product has truly helped clear my skin. My adult acne has been out of control for some time now. I’ve tried everything including hormone therapy, which didn’t help. I’ve ended up with a scarred face from so much picking at my acne. I’m sooo amazed by this mask. Yes it dries your face but a good moisturizer does the trick. So thankful for this product. I do masks all the time. Most recent was a black sea mask. It cleaned up my blackheads, but my acne remained. This seems to be doing the trick! Try it out! You won’t regret it." —Danielle Torres
Get it from Amazon for $14.95 (available in two sizes).
Check out more details about this popular clay mask.
25. Glossier's Boy Brow, which is a serious bestseller for good reason — it makes your eyebrows look so much fuller and bolder, and it won't get stiff or crusty like other brow products can.
Promising review: "I've been eager to get my hands on this product for months now! Honestly the easiest brow product I've ever used and it's seriously magic. My brows looked instantly fuller! They weren't crusty or stiff and the applicator is amazing! My favorite thing about Boy Brow is the texture, no crusty brows here. This product has changed my entire makeup routine!" —Jordanne
Get it from Glossier for $16 (available in five shades).
Check out BuzzFeed's full review of Glossier's Boy Brow for more deets!
26. A Billie razor starter kit — it's about time you stopped using those ugly disposable razors from the drugstore that leave you with nicks. Not only will your Billie razor look good in your shower, but it will give you a smooth, close shave without irritating your skin.
Billie sends you new razors every one to three months, depending on how often you shave. That way, you don't have to try too hard to remember when the last time you switched the blade was!
Here's what BuzzFeed Shopping editor Rebecca O'Connell has to say about Billie: "Billie is just the most wonderful company, and every time I take a shower, I wonder if I should write them fan mail. First of all, everything they design is ADORABLE, so even if their razors were dull or flimsy, I'd still be a loyal fan. But luckily, their razors are as sharp as they are sharp looking. The handle is super lightweight and easy to grip. The razor heads are surrounded in a layer of soap, so they glide beautifully over skin without irritating it. Billie makes great razors, and it's awesome that they're so affordable. If only they could go back in time and stop me from paying absurd amounts of money on pharmacy brand razors in my youth."
Get the starter kit from Billie for $10 (and then four replacement cartridges for $9 when you need them).
Check out our full Billie razor subscription review for more deets!
27. A stunning rainbow hair claw to instantly elevate your laid-back hairstyle. Not only will it look fantastic in your hair, but it will also keep even long, thick locks secure.
28. A tube of Glossier Cloud Paint gel-cream blush that's lightweight, blendable, and won't clog your pores. Use it as part of your full makeup routine or wear the blush by itself for an effortlessly breezy look that takes about 15 seconds to achieve.
29. A box of pore-tightening, skin-lifting face masks — they might freak you out at first (they make your face look like a zombie!), but once you peel them off, you'll be nothing but pleased at how radiant your skin looks.
Promising review: "At 60 years old I have tried SO MANY products...anything short of surgery to lift and tighten my face. Around the age of 57 my pores became larger and larger. I tried product after product and spent hundreds trying to find that fountain of youth. There is nothing like going into a store with salespeople younger than my grandchildren telling me what I'm doing 'wrong' with my skincare regime. They had never seen a wrinkle in their lives. I thought I would give this face mask a shot. I mean what did I have to lose? Immediate results! I couldn't believe it! My pores were small; my face was different...and in a good way...lol. I can't believe my skin looks so good. I'm so excited. I had to write a review. I don't think you'll be sorry if you decide to try this. I know I sure wasn't!" —Judi Bragg
Get a box of eight masks from Amazon for $30.92.
30. A scalp massager to give your head a much needed scrub in the shower. Not only will it help with dandruff and buildup, but it will also leave you feeling so relaxed.
31. A bottle of sulfate-free Biotin shampoo infused with botanical extracts that work to thicken and hydrate your hair. It's also a clarifying shampoo, which means it will get rid of any product buildup at your scalp.
Promising review: "I love this shampoo! I had gastric sleeve surgery and my hair was very, very thin. I started taking biotin and switched to biotin shampoo as recommended by my doctor. It doesn’t make your hair grow by washing it but it makes your hair and roots stronger. And it worked. After using the whole bottle, my hair was stronger. I had a lot of new growth that was sticking around (the previous new growth fell out early on) and my hair was getting thicker. Eight months later, my hair is back to normal. It's longer and thicker than ever. I still use it twice a week and love it! I’m not wild about the way it smells but others love it when they smell my hair." —Diane J. Huff
Get it from Amazon for $9.85.
32. A reusable Revlon Volcanic Face Roller anyone with skin that tends to get oily will appreciate. Just roll this across any shiny parts of your face and watch in amazement as all the oil disappears!
33. A cruelty-free vitamin C serum formulated to brighten up dark spots and help correct pigmentation issues. Reviewers rave about how even their skin looks and how soft their face feels after using the serum for just a few days.
Promising review: "I am 23 years old, a medical student, with very TIRED, acne-prone, and dull skin. I have struggled with acne throughout my entire adolescent and adult life. I have used many products all over the market. The years of heavy chemicals trying to treat my acne has definitely hurt the integrity of my skin. I have had new fine lines, wrinkles, HEAVY bags, and dark circles. I started doing research on skincare and decided to completely revamp my beauty routine. If you care about your skin, you should not hesitate in purchasing this serum. My skin is still not perfect. I do have a few blemishes that will pop up, but as for my skin overall...it has helped tremendously. DON'T HESITATE." —Allie Carter
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
34. A Revlon hot-air brush magically designed to dry and style hair with just a few passes. It'll create bouncy, shiny hair in about a quarter of the time it would take with a traditional blow-dryer and round brush.
Promising review: "First time review and it’s because I’m so happy with this dryer/styler! My hair is about shoulder length, very fine with a slight curl, and now it has some gray to it. It’s also frizzy, no matter what I use. I’m 61 years old so trust me, I’ve used a lot of products! Never have I been able to get my hair to look like it did after leaving the salon, EXCEPT after using this. I watched some YouTube videos first for some pointers, and then I gave it a try. It’s easy to use, even though it’s bigger than I thought it would be. My hair came out beautiful! Smooth, soft, no frizz, and lots of volume. Hope this review helps you, anyone out there who has similar hair!" —Anon anon
Get it from Amazon for $34.89+ (available in seven colors).
35. A hair-finishing stick if you're always fighting to get those unruly wisps of hair at the nape of your neck to behave whenever you pull your hair up.
Promising review: "I have super-fine hair with lots of breakage. No matter how I put my hair up I have bad flyaways. This stuff is great! So easy and it stays better and looks smoother than stiff hairspray." —Jill Stilfield
BUT we want to add that you shouldn't feel pressure to lay your edges, unless you want to, of course! Check out, "Just A Friendly PSA That You Don't HAVE To Lay Your Edges Down If You Don't Wanna."
36. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer for an easy-to-apply option that can cover your dark circles, blends well, and stays put even during sweaty days. This concealer really does it all!
Promising review: "I am a makeup snob. I have stupidly high standards for cosmetic performance, and drugstore brands have let me down every single time I've given them a shot. So when I graduated from Covergirl to Sephora after college, I never looked back. My kit is full of Dior and YSL foundation, Armani concealer, Benefit brighteners, etc. But this thing is truly great. The sponge applicator is better than you think. Firstly, it's antimicrobial, so you don't have to worry about the hygiene aspect. Secondly, its ability to blend the product is outstanding. The concealer itself doubles as a highlighter, it looks good without primer, and it lasts so much longer than you'd expect." —Sarita
Get it from Amazon for $3.33+ (available in 20 shades).
Check out our full review of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer (#4).
37. A dandruff shampoo if you're sick and tired of finding little flakes of your scalp on your shoulders. Also, people with dandruff know how dang itchy the problem is, and this is formulated to keep those scalp scratchies at bay.
Promising review: "I have tried every natural thing for my dandruffy, funky scalp. I did tea tree, neem, a couple Aveda systems, borax, just everything. For a couple YEARS. I'd see mild improvement, but it was always a struggle and if I let up, it was back with a vengeance. And then I used this twice and it's just all gone. I'm going to keep using it for a while to make sure this stuff is killed off completely, but I can already tell I'm not going to have gross lumps of dead skin in my hair ever again. I've had a lot of hair loss the last couple years too, and I have SO much hope that this will help reverse that! I'm still using my nice natural shampoo as my main shampoo. This stuff is kind of harsh. But as medicine it can't be beat and I'm so glad I bought it." —bright shiny things
Get it from Amazon for $14.84.
38. A container of Etude House's Zero Sebum Drying Powder designed to keep all the dreaded oil on your skin at bay. You'll have a perfectly matte look even after hours and hours of wearing your makeup!
39. Ownest Cosmetics eyebrow soap because fluffy, full brows are all the rage right now, and this will help you achieve that look in minutes. Plus: Reviewers say your brows will stay in place all day long with this soap!
Promising review: "I have the kind of eyebrows that look very full with brushing, but can quickly look like one has 'collapsed' once my hair or something else touches it. I’ve used nearly every product from Anastasia BH, but never had luck keeping my brows in place. Well, let me tell you, this stuff is no joke. I had to scrub my eyebrows clean tonight to get them to move. If you need some help holding your fluff, this will be your new favorite product. Also, I was able to ditch the eyebrow pencil since this stuff holds every hair in the place you brush it." —Bailey M, Deacon
Get a set of two from Amazon for $7.99.