42 Totally Investment-Worthy Skincare Products That Your Skin Will Probably Thank You For
Trust me, these *actually work*.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. The buttery Priming Moisturizer Rich cream by Glossier locks in moisture with shea and murumuru butters. Expect to wake up with firmer, even skin, courtesy of ceramides and the formula's anti-redness complex.
2. The spectacular Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum stays in my nighttime skincare rotation because it 👏🏾 works 👏🏾. I always wake up with hydrated, radiant skin and less noticeable scarring — especially when used with marula oil.
3. Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 literally goes ghost the minute you put it on — and that's why we love it. You'll be hard-pressed to find a scentless, invisible, weightless formula that blocks over 96% of harmful UV rays and blue light from your phone.
4. Lightweight Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb has never done me dirty, and it won't fail you either. It's my favorite lightweight, water-gel day cream because it never leaves me too oily or dry.
5. The all-star Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment remains one of the most effective, gentle chemical exfoliants on the market. Although it can be used as a mask, just a pump of this is enough to improve your skin's texture by morning.
6. Solution may be a really vague name for a chemical exfoliator, but don't let that deter you. It's got salicylic, glycolic, and lactic acids that are great for erasing acne scars.
7. The ultra-moisturizing Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask showed me how soft my lips could be. At first, I was ashamed to spend almost $30 on a lip product — but this one is worth every cent.
8. Kate Somerville Recovery Cream comes to the rescue after you go overboard on the treatments or completely strip your skin of all that is good in this world. Peptides, ceramides, and ginger root are here to calm reddish skin.
9. The luxurious Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops shield your skin from the nasties lurking in polluted air. Reviewers also like to mix this with their moisturizers for a sunkissed glow ✨.
10. Kate Somerville Lifting Eye Cream is super hydrating and gentle. Crafted in the spirit of Kate's in-office age repair treatments, it has ceramides and algae that help smooth fine lines and reduces dark circles.
11. Youth To The People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser delivers cold-pressed antioxidants derived from kale, spinach, and green tea that easily remove makeup, dirt, and help rebalance skin's pH.
12. Invisible Shield is literally that: invisible. Your skincare routine basically means nothing if you're not using sunscreen. Google "before and after sunscreen" and you'll be relieved this product exists.
13. Erno Laszlo Firmarine Night Cream contains bio-actives, vitamins, and other great oils to nourish skin. I love this cream because it's not too oily, yet heavy enough for me to wake up with hydrated skin.
14. Vegan Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel comes through with some amazing results. These pads are drenched with seven acids that'll reduce acne scars and blemishes.
15. The lightweight, vegan Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum packs 20% percent vitamin C and 10% AHAs to deliver noticeably softer, even skin after every use. Those who struggle with hyperpigmentation or dark circles should certainly peep this 👀.
16. The Re-Energizing Four-Step Skincare Kit decongests pores and soothes inflammation to support healthy skin. I love that this set left my skin feeling perfectly balanced and hydrated.
17. Highly-concentrated Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Serum maintains skin by reinforcing the microbiome complex. Use this to protect your skin from damage, irritation, and redness.
18. Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask is made with Japanese beautyberries (yes you read that correctly). It multiplies the strength of vitamin C and contains antioxidant protection to avoid UV damage.
19. Biossance Squalane + 10% Lactic Acid Resurfacing Night Serum can dramatically reduce scarring and acne with the power of squalane and lactic acid while you get your beauty rest.
20. Overnight Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate features a powerful blend of botanical oils that'll protect and restore your skin all night.
21. Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Moisturizer is an ultra-lightweight cream that attracts water to your skin! This product is filled with antioxidants, star fruit extract, lotus, and Vitamin E.
22. Olehenriksen Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum fades scarring with the help of bakuchiol, a plant-based retinol alternative. It also has edelweiss stem cells, and hibiscus flower extract to shrink pores.
23. A Farmacy Honeymoon Glow AHA Resurfacing Serum hydrates and clarifies skin so you don't need to buy several excess products. It's got honey and hyaluronic acid, which are great for all skin types.
24. Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream can help you achieve the healthiest skin of your life. It's all thanks to Japanese purple rice, an Okinawa algae blend, and more.
25. Peach-tinted Olehenriksen C-Rush Vitamin C Gel Moisturizer brings a whopping dose of vitamin C and all-day moisture you can feel.
26. Purity Made Simple Cleanser by Philosophy upgrades your skincare routine by lifting the dirt and oil from every pore.
27. The Milky Jelly Cleanser + Futuredew dynamic duo covers two of the most important steps in your skincare routine: cleansing and moisturizing. These nourishing products are ideal for any time of day.
28. Vegan, multitasking, oil-free (plus, cruelty-free and gluten-free) BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 is a beloved tinted moisturizer that'll give your foundation a run for its money. First of all, it actually has the [shade] range! It also conatins olive-derived squalene to help you glow from the inside out. Looking to nail a "no-makeup" look and protect your skin? Buy this.
29. The clarifying GlamGlow Supermud Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask digs deep to empty pores with a six-acid blend and activated-x charcoal. Tip: don't wash it off until the mask is completely dry.
30. Enriching, vegan Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask bears the gift of the most antioxidant-dense fruit: maqui. It helps with oxidative stress, dull skin, and dryness.
31. Uber-absorbable, vegan Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Antioxidant Face Oil works well for sensitive skin that needs a little extra something to stay balanced and moisturized. If you're seeking a clean product to reduce fine lines, redness, and blotchiness, this is it.
32. The leave-on Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask doesn't just protect your lips, it nourishes them. How? Vitamin C, antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, and a Berry Mix Complex.
33. Luxurious Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque made this list because it's amazing for kicking out anything lingering in your pores like impurities, dirt, and excess oils with the power of Amazonian white clay and aloe.
34. Vegan Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi immediately goes to work, soothing and relaxing your skin with ashwagandha (an herb) and fermented reishi (a mushroom).
35. Water-activated La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Cleanser lathers away all the icky things lurking in your pores and causing skin issues.
36. Rich, vegan First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is quite literally a lifesaver for your skin. Tell your flakes and dry patches, "BE GONE" with this oatmeal and shea butter-infused cream.
37. Lovely Amorepacific Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder uses plant-derived enzymes to slough away old cells standing in the way of the young, healthy skin underneath.
38. The potent La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Treatment drains the angriest whiteheads and most persistent blackheads to clear your complexion in a snap.
39. All-in-one Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment is pretty much everything you'll need to reduce redness, even skin tone, and ward off UV rays. The Centella Asiatica Complex protects from environmental stressors too!
40. The Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream — which everyone raves about — because it's full of helpful proteins that improve skintone, texture, and increase firmness. Your thirsty skin will love its peptides (hence, the name), pygmy waterlily stem cell extract, and other vegan ingredients that nourish and rehydrate skin.
41. Dual-action Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Pore Exfoliating Treatment relies on lactic acid, fruit enzymes, and vitamin E to shimmy the dead cells and scarring off of your skin. Start unclogging your pores with this treatment so you don't break out.
42. Banana powder-inspired Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Crème undoes all those nights you stayed up a little too late binge-watching TV or caking with bae. This potent eye cream reduces dark circles and dryness so your eyes don't look like the undead.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.