31 Things To Easily Upgrade Your Bedroom On A Budget
Invisible bookshelves, candles, and other tiny tweaks that make a world of difference.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A hidden bookshelf because books can double as decor 📚! Try organizing them by color for a more uniform look.
2. A wood finisher to avoid spending $$$ just to restore your wood floors and furniture back to their original glory. This baby works magic for under $20. People will legit think you got new stuff.
3. A velvet pillow sham because bed decor is an art. Standard queen beds look complete with at least two pillows for sleeping, two shams, and three decorative pillows.
4. A luxury body candle that doubles as a statue. Incorporating organic shapes breaks up the hard edges in your room.
5. A Marble Pothos plant for a pop of green that automatically makes a space feel more alive. You can grow Pothos as a vine, bush, or on a pole!
6. A mold and mildew stain remover spray so you can erase the questionable, yet unexplainable stains that have been on your rug since the first month you got it.
7. A door pull because replacing the hardware on your furniture makes it look more luxe. All you need is a screwdriver!
9. A set of two floating shelves — so-called unicorns of interior designs because they look amazing in most spaces. Feel free to use them for decor purposes or simply to store things.
12. A warm Edison bulb for easily revamping the ambiance of your bedroom if you're tired of that stale, white, fluorescent light. After all, there is a reason Mariah Carey refuses to be seen in fluorescent lighting 😬.
13. An invigorating soy candle because what good is upgrading a room that smells like battery acid? This candle's lemongrass and vanilla notes will softly awaken your senses while refreshing the room.
14. A set of digital prints that you can easily download, print, and frame like they're genuine Picassos. Nobody will know you spent less than $20 😈.
15. A set of furniture legs because lifting your bed or dresser off the ground creates the illusion of more space.
16. A snake plant that's nature's sculpture. These unique plants are hard to kill, and they ship very well.
18. A TV mount that's easier to install than you think, trust me. Not only does mounting save floor space, it draws the eye up for a better viewing experience.
19. A mirror for bouncing light within a space and therefore making it feel bigger and more luxurious.
22. A fluffy gel pillow that won't go flat like most pillows. Plus, they're are game-changers for your neck and back. Plush pillows will make your bed look and feel ultra-comfy.
23. A neutral rope basket so you can gracefully hide your mess. Whether you place it in a closet or on a shelf, this will look so much better than having random stuff lying around.
26. A gallon of white paint because there's nothing like starting with a clean canvas. White walls make the smallest rooms feel larger and they never go out of style.
27. A gold curtain rod so you can ditch your tension rod for something sturdier. Hang it a few inches higher than your windows to make your ceilings look higher.
28. An iron sculpture for making your bookshelf feel more complete. Try placing it on top of a horizontal book — works every time.
29. A brushed nickel Command Hook so you can hang your face masks, towel, or jackets rather than throwing them on the chair. Making organization easy is key to maintaining a pristine space.
30. A dog bed so your best friend can sleep in style, just like you. They'll love the machine-washable (read: accident-resistant) knitted cover.
You after redoing your bedroom with minimal damage to your bank account.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.