1. Ham & Cheese Chicken Rollups
Recipe by Alvin Zhou for BuzzFeed Tasty
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt (for chicken)
¼ teaspoon pepper (for chicken)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4-6 slices ham
4 slices provolone cheese
1 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
3 cups broccoli florets
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoons pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut about ¾ of the way through the chicken horizontally, making sure not to cut through the other side. Flip the chicken open and flat. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on top of the chicken and pound it flatter using a pot or a pan. Remove the plastic wrap. Season with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder, rubbing the seasoning in evenly. Lay 2-3 slices of ham over the chicken, followed by 2 slices of provolone cheese. Carefully roll the chicken up.
3. Transfer the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into 3 separate bowls. Dip the chicken roll into the flour, tapping off any excess, and then into the egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet.
4. Add the broccoli to the baking sheet, mixing it with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure to save a little oil to drizzle on top of the chicken.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, slice, then serve!
2. Honey-Dijon Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
This chicken dinner is healthy, but still simple and tasty enough for kids. Recipe here.