23 Classic Summer Recipes That Everyone Should Master
The key to perfect summer food is not to overthink it.
1. The perfect CHEESEBURGER.
2. A BLUEBERRY PIE with filling that isn't too thin or too thick.
3. A MARGARITA made with freshly squeezed lime juice.
4. A creamy POTATO SALAD.
5. A VINEGAR-BASED POTATO SALAD, for everyone who "doesn't like mayonnaise".
6. Perfectly crunchy COLESLAW.
7. A no-frills PEACH COBBLER.
8. A simple GAZPACHO.
9. A foolproof STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
10. Citrusy FISH TACOS with just the right amount of spice.
11. Tender, messy, saucy BABY BACK RIBS.
12. Rich, buttery CORNBREAD.
13. Beautifully grilled CORN ON THE COB.
14. Basic SALSA.
15. GRILLED CHICKEN good enough to compete with burgers and steaks.
16. A next-level PASTA SALAD.
17. A classic Old Bay SHRIMP BOIL.
18. Freshly brewed SWEET TEA.
19. A pared-down CUCUMBER SALAD.
20. BAKED BEANS from scratch.
21. A CAPRESE SALAD with truly great ingredients.
22. A quick and easy SANGRIA.
The best sangria is a perfect balance of red wine, brandy, orange juice, and chopped fresh fruit. Any other strong ingredients or substitutions change things pretty dramatically, and why mess with a good thing?
Recipe: Easy Traditional Red Sangria