Sriracha Macaroni and Cheese Cups
1 12.9-ounce box Easy Mac, cooked according to the package directions*
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup Sriracha
1 bunch scallions, greens only, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon butter
20 ritz crackers, crushed to breadcrumbs
*Note: 1 12.9-ounce box of Easy Mac is six servings. If you want, you can sub six servings of any boxed macaroni and cheese, cooked according to the package directions.
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. You can use a regular tin, but you may have to bake the cups for longer.
2. In a large mixing bowl or the pot you used to cook the macaroni and cheese, combine the cooked macaroni and cheese, shredded cheddar, beaten egg, Sriracha, and scallion greens (save a tablespoon for garnish, if you want). Mix everything together until it's combined, then divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
3. Melt the butter in a small pot over low heat, then add the crushed Ritz crackers. Stir just to coat the ritz crackers with butter. Sprinkle the Ritz crackers over the mac and cheese in the muffin cups.
4. Bake until the mac and cheese is set and the crackers are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
5. Let the mac and cheese cups cups cool before you take them out of the muffin tin (otherwise they'll fall apart), then carefully use a rubber spatula to free the mac and cheese cups from the sides of the pan. Serve immediately, with a drizzle of Sriracha if you want.