1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onion and cook just until it starts to soften, about 2 minutes.
3. Add minced garlic, stir, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add the pork, stir, and cook until the pork is warm, about a minute.
5. Add the raw corn, roasted zucchini, and roasted carrots.
6. Season with salt and pepper, stir, turn the heat to low, and cook until everything is heated through, about 5 minutes, then divide the mixture between four serving plates.
7. Meanwhile, fry the eggs. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
8. Crack 2 eggs into the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
9. Cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 2-3 minutes. Slide the eggs on top of the hash, then cook the remaining 2 eggs.
Pork and Vegetable Hash with Fried Eggs
Makes 4 servings
Recipe by Christine Byrne
For this recipe, you will need one-third of the pork, two-thirds of the zucchini and two-thirds of the carrots that you made ahead of time.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
12 ounces (about 1½ cups) shredded slow cooker pork
2 cups roasted zucchini slices
2 cups roasted carrot slices
¾ cup raw corn kernels
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 large eggs
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the onion starts to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and just starting to brown, about 30 seconds. Add the pork and cook, stirring often, until the pork is warm, about 1 minute. Add zucchini, carrots, and corn, season with salt and pepper, and turn the heat down to low. Cook, stirring often, until heated throughout, about 5 minutes. Divide the mixture among four serving plates.
Melt ½ tablespoon butter in a medium or large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Crack two eggs into the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Slide one egg on top of each serving plate of hash. Repeat with the remaining ½ tablespoon butter and 2 eggs. Serve immediately.