If you've ever wondered what perfection looks like, look no further than the PIZZA TOT.
Start by making a basic Tater Tot mixture out of uncooked hash browns, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and an egg.
Flatten out some of the potato mixture, then add a piece of pepperoni and a piece of mozzarella. Shape the whole thing into a tot.
Once all of your tots are formed, freeze them on a sheet tray. After they've firmed up in the freezer, they're ready to fry!
Serve the tots immediately.
Dip 'em in marinara for that last pizza touch.
Servings: 9–12 large tots
Recipe by Adam Bianchi for BuzzFeed Tasty
1 small block low-moisture mozzarella
12 slices pepperoni
3½ cups hash browns
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
Oil for frying
Marinara sauce for dipping
1. Cut block of mozzarella into small cubes, about a ½ inch (1½ cm).
2. Cut pepperoni in half.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine hash browns, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and egg. Mix well.
4. Grab a small handful of the hash brown mixture and flatten out in the palm of your hand.
5. Place 1 or 2 slices of pepperoni and a cube of cheese on top.
6. Fold the hash brown mixture around the cheese and pepperoni. Squeeze and compress until the mixture completely covers the filling and stays in a cylindrical form. Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
7. Freeze tots for 20+ minutes.
8. In a large saucepan, heat oil to 350˚F (180˚C). Fry tots in batches, three at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
9. Serve immediately with marinara sauce.